How do you... update yourself?

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Here, in this forum:

j.gif

Never heard of Reddit. So I searched and it exists since 2005!

How do you stay updated on "important" news? Which sites do you browse for this purpose?

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Never heard of Reddit. So I searched and it exists since 2005!

(Wikipedia):
Secondo Alexa Internet, a febbraio 2018 contava 542 milioni di utenti al mese, rendendolo il terzo sito piĆ¹ visitato negli Stati Uniti e il sesto a livello mondiale.

(According to Alexa Internet, in February 2018 it had 542 million users per month, making it the third most visited site in the United States and the sixth in the world)

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I never liked the style of Reddit. But sometimes you end there when searching for some technical stuff.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I never liked the style of Reddit. But sometimes you end there when searching for some technical stuff.
The question is another: I get to know new apps, sites, tools, etc. by pure chance and after years.

Redit is an example, I "know" it now, after about 15 years! TikTok? It was born 3 years ago, I have known it for a month!

So... where do you keep yourself informed?

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
That TikTok thing was new to me aswell and I read about it on a belgian news site a few weeks ago because they banned some belgian lady that had the most followers
(of belgians) with some dance videos or something.

It seems to be more something for kids so a good reason not to know it ;)

StackOverflow was also such site that suddenly popped up during searches and now you see it constantly.

JohnC

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I mainly use Twitter and subscribe to some local general news sites and also tech news sites (cnet, pcmag, mashable, gizmodo, engaget, zdnet) and I have a 7" tablet on a stand next to my main PC monitor that it is dedicated to just displaying my twitter feed all day long (it auto refreshes). So I just need to glance at it every once in a while and if a posted news article catches my interest, I click on it and read it (on the 7" tablet)

rabbitBUSH

Licensed User