How much u pay for internet in your country?

Lahksman

Licensed User
Longtime User
Belgium. Cable. Stable and reliable
73€ / 94$ Monthly
160Mbit down
10 Mbit up
FUP
including TV / TV everywhere / Phone
Provider: Telenet

EduardoElias

Licensed User
Longtime User
nice to see it is evolving so fast, people might think that some countries are still on 56K modems.

LAst year I was in a small town in the border of the amazon forest, far from everything, they have wifi provider with 1mb down 128kb up, reliable. And cellphone. I asked around and I was told that every town in the middle of the forest have wifi connection, where there is a government school they have a wifi tower for the community. And I can tell you that the forest is huge and distance is giant.

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
I live in Sweden, and have a 24Mbit down, 3 MBit up, no traffic cap, for roughly $40 a month. This is considered a pretty crappy connection, but I live at the edge of the town. Within a few years, I'll get optic fibre, 100 MBit both ways, no traffic cap, for a slightly lower monthly fee (I think it'll land at around $30).

Wireless, on the other hand, is expensive as hell. A 6 MBit, no traffic cap, costs about $60 a month, and they don't offer mobile new contracts without traffic caps anymore (so they'll have to pry my contract from my cold, dead hands...).

notedop

Licensed User
Longtime User
NL: 8Mb down - 5 Mb up as per speedtest.net for €24/month including phone allthough they sell it as a 50Mbit connection.
When downloading from USENET I can achieve speed up to 2MB/sec. Stable provider.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Home = £22(about $31USD) per month. I get about 80Mbps download and about 10Mbps upload. My girlfriend pays slightly more but get about 120Mbps download and about 10Mbps upload.

Mobile = £16(about $24USD) per month. Unlimited 4G via Nexus 5 is about 30Mbps download and about 20Mbps upload on a good day and I get about 18Mbps download and about 12Mbps upload on a bad day. The £16 per month also includes 2000 free voice minutes to anyone at any time to land lines or other people on other mobile operators in the UK, 5000 free text messages and 5000 free voice minutes to other people using the same mobile operator as myself. I never use all the minutes, I just can't talk that long :)

Either way I think that I'm not paying much for my internet connections.

I have a friend who has the same mobile package as myself and does not have home internet. He just tethers his 4G phone and his apartment runs from that, he averages about 20Mbps download and watched Netflix every evening after work...

Last edited:

Mark Johnson

Licensed User
Longtime User
I live in rural Colorado, USA, about 30 miles from Denver.

~$50/month, cable, very reliable.

2014-11-17_speedtest.jpg