How to Attach Animated Screen Capture Gifs to posts in threads ?

KiloBravo

Licensed User
Another General Forum question.

I was reading the post below and was wondering what folks are using to perform the screen capture and create the animated gif sequence to attach to the thread ?

I did a quick forum search but I didn't find the solution or at least it was not obvious to me. :)

Thanks!

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm using ShareX now. It is an excellent tool for screenshots and gif captures. It is an open source project.
WOW! Thanks for sharing it. I liked many of its features, and it has too many to be in so small size of < 8mb.
Good job by the author 👍

KiloBravo

Licensed User
I Google'd this list ... https://filmora.wondershare.com/screen-recording-tips/best-gif-recorder-windows.html

I will check out ShareX.
I have found Wireshark very helpful for Network (HTTP/S, TCP, UDP, Bluetooth, etc...) issues. I was working on a B4J/B4R project and someone mentioned it in a thread.
I installed it and solved my connection issue in 2 minutes!

I also noticed my ESP32 was sending a lot of connection requests/packets to IP addresses I never programmed into it ?!?

This topic may be worthy of a seperate thread ... What tools do you find useful in your B4X Development work ?

AnandGupta

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have been using "ScreenToGif", simple and small. But I liked many features of Share-X, checking now.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It seems obvious, now, that it is easy to get people to use a certain tool, so: go to all the programming sites and write about that great tool you discovered: B4X.

🤔 You can if your name is Erel; if your "name" is LucaMs no one will listen to you 😄

KiloBravo

Licensed User
B4X there was nothing ! :cool:

*** Curious if the semantics of that sentence translates to other languages ??? 🤷‍♂️