Android Question How to change my app's "desktop" icon on phone screen.

chuck3e

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a bmp file in my B4A app that displays at the top of my app's startup panel - this I want. However, the same image is showing up as an icon along with all the other phone's icons. I want to make the phone's icon for my app something different yet still keep the current image in the app's startup panel. If it's not appropriate to answer this here, can I at least be pointed to the proper doc that will tell me how to do this?

chuck3e

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nevermind. I may have found the solution. It's the icon.bmp in the apps file sub-directory.

Upvote 0

chuck3e

Licensed User
Longtime User
No, I still have not figured it out. I thought just the name icon.bmp would make it the phone's icon but it appears to have no effect in that regard.

Upvote 0

chuck3e

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you for the quick reply, Erel. I tried to attach screen prints but it said the files are too large. Maybe this will explain my issue better. I use the term "app" here to mean the program I have developed to be installed on cell phones for public use. I use the term "startup screen" to mean the first screen my developed app puts on the phone. When I compile my app in Release mode to my phone, in order to test it, your process automatically creates an icon for it on the phone's screen. How do I change that icon that it puts on my phone's screen. I'll work on figuring out how to reduce the size of the screen print.

Upvote 0

klaus

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I suppose that you are looking for this:

1603463627254.png

Upvote 0

chuck3e

Licensed User
Longtime User
Oh great! I knew it had to be a simple solution my simple mind couldn't figure out. Thank you, Klaus! That worked.

Upvote 0