iOS Question How to Compile my application in Simulator without using Mac Builder Hosting and Local Mac

junaidahmed

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am going to compile B4i application in Simulator,For that I need to install MAC OS with MAC Builder in my network.Is it possible to access simulator from outside of the network. (from private network) ???

Note:-

--I don't have knowledge in MAC OS, so I can not install Mac in my network....
-- I would like to test my application in simulator only not from "Mac Host Builder with real device".

junaidahmed

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks for reply........

I don't know how simulator works...Please check my below points whether I understood correct or not ??

"if I set Mac IP in Server Setting (IDE),then during compilation Simulator will open In my Windows system"

Upvote 0

junaidahmed

Licensed User
Longtime User
One more clarification

B4i IDE in Windows system and Simulator is Mac System,When I Compile application from IDE (windows system) then I should check the result in another system (Mac System)

Is it correct ???

Upvote 0

junaidahmed

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have Already post in another forum....

Please provide an video tutorial to clear understand for all user.......

Hope its clear.........

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
sorry,

Now its clear....

So I can use "MAC Builder IP " in my browser (Windows System) as "http://192.168.1.6:51041/TestIOS"

Is this Correct ???

I didnt understand the question but you can connect to a mac computer on the network to build the code you write in windows machine, to build your application or test it on simulator.

More basically, you need to have a mac machine to build your code. ( if you dont have a mac , hosted builder does the same, sends the code to a remote mac and returns the compiled app to your phone or to your computes as ipa file ) . If you are using a mac to build ( local builder ) your windows machine that is running the b4i will send the code to be compiled to your mac over the newtork and that computer will build the application and will give you the ipa file to your windows machine , or to your mobile phone so you can test it. Also with a local builder, you can use the simulator on the mac to see your app running on a simulator instead of your phone. but i couldnt really understand what you want to reach with "http://192.168.1.6:51041/TestIOS" over the browser.

Upvote 0

junaidahmed

Licensed User
Longtime User
Once again sorry,

Now I have clear 100%...

As per above points "Also with a local builder, you can use the simulator on the mac to see your app running on a simulator instead of your phone"

the simulator will be running in mac machine,after compilation my source code I need to go and check the output in Simulator (in mac machine)...

Is this correct ???

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
yes ,

first select : b4i tools/device ip address / ios simulator . This sets the mac's simulator as destination to run the compiled app
than when you compile your app it will automaticly launch the app in ios simulator in mac machine.
Once again sorry,

Now I have clear 100%...

As per above points "Also with a local builder, you can use the simulator on the mac to see your app running on a simulator instead of your phone"

the simulator will be running in mac machine,after compilation my source code I need to go and check the output in Simulator (in mac machine)...

Is this correct ???

Upvote 0

junaidahmed

Licensed User
Longtime User
another clarification,

as per above point "first select : b4i tools/device ip address"

whether we need to purchase apple developer account to test application in "Real Device"...

Upvote 0

tufanv

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
another clarification,

as per above point "first select : b4i tools/device ip address"

whether we need to purchase apple developer account to test application in "Real Device"...

yes you need developer account to test in real device. You can just test it on simulator without developer account

Upvote 0