Android Question How to connect with forwarding

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

I am trying to connect a smartphone using the WAN with an Arduino microcomputer with a WiFi shield. The latter is communicating with a router. The smartphone has a B4a program and should use the G3 network.

In order to connect using forwarding I should give the external IP address followed with "port number". Then the router will connect directly to the WiFi shield.

The connect statement in B4A requires an IP address and a port number. Is that port number used to connect as required? So with : port number.? Or is that port number used by the program itself?
In the latter case how can I connect as required?

Thanks for any help.

Harry

HARRY

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

My external IP address is static; the internal IP adresses of the smartphone and the WiFi shield on the Arduino are static as well.

I really need answers on the questions put before:

"The connect statement in B4A requires an IP address and a port number. Is that port number used to connect as required? So with : port number? Or is that port number used by the program itself?
In the latter case how can I connect as required?"

Harry

Upvote 0

giga

Licensed User
Longtime User
You would forward in your router to the LAN device. example 192.168.1.100 with the designated port of the WIFI shield example port 80. With the shield "ON" you could use. www.canyouseeme.org to test the port access from the outside world(only works for TCP)

"The connect statement in B4A requires an IP address and a port number" the IP address would be your WAN and port number which channels through to the LAN device inside.

Hope this helps

Upvote 0