B4J Question How to distribute jRDC2 server in a jRDC2 + MySQL APP?

alexisleviera

Hi, I have a question with this example that I downloaded and compiled, working wonderfully
(https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/b4xpages-jrdc2-mysql-crud-login.127241/)
But my query is the following: only the jRDC2 server works on the machine that compiles it (using B4J, of course).

How do I install this little app on a SERVER of my client so that it listens for connections?

Because if I close the B4J or run it on another machine, pretending to be my client, it doesn't work!

I hope I have explained myself well and hopefully you can help me!

Thanks

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Because if I close the B4J or run it on another machine, pretending to be my client, it doesn't work!
Do you mean you can run in Debug mode but you want to distribute it as standalone package? You need to compile in Release mode and copy the jar file from Objects folder to your production server. You can run the server in Windows or Linux machine.

Upvote 0

josejad

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Alexis:

As you speak Spanish, read this post, it explains how jRDC2 works and how to distribute:

It says the same that aeric told in the above post:
" Una vez que tienes todo configurado, ejecuta de nuevo B4J en modo release. Esto genera un archivo .jar en la carpeta Objects. Este es la aplicación servidor que debes ejecutar y a la que tus aplicaciones se conectarán. "

If the machine acting like server runs linux, you should run it like this.

If it runs windows, with something like:

Last edited:
Upvote 0