Android Question How to parse an intent bundle?

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by NeoTechni, Jun 2, 2015.

1. NeoTechni

NeoTechni Well-Known Member Licensed User

I finally managed to get my launcher to receive new shortcut requests from other apps, but I don't know how to parse the extra data

Examples of StartingIntent.ExtrasToString are:
    Bundle[{duplicate=false, android.intent.extra.shortcut.NAME=Screen off shortcut, android.intent.extra.shortcut.ICON_RESOURCE=com.nkahoang.screenstandby:drawable/ic_launcher}]

Bundle[{android.intent.extra.shortcut.INTENT=Intent { act=android.intent.action.VIEW dat=http://warnersretrocorner.com/wp-co...t-Poster-Nes-Conan-barbarian-190876195313.jpg pkg=com.android.chrome (has extras) }, android.intent.extra.shortcut.ICON=android.graphics.Bitmap@1361edb0, android.intent.extra.shortcut.NAME=A3-80s-Replica-Reproduction-Video-Game-PRINT-Box-Art-Poster-Nes-Conan-barbarian-190876195313.jpg (290×400)}]

Erel once gave me this code to parse a widget size bundle:
    Code:
    Dim jintent As JavaObject = StartingIntent
    Dim widgetOptions As JavaObject = jintent.RunMethod("getBundleExtra"array As Object("appWidgetOptions"))
    Log(widgetOptions.RunMethod("getInt"Array As Object("appWidgetMaxHeight")))
    I assume the code is similar, just replacing appWidgetOptions with a magic string I don't know about, and getInt with getIntent/getIcon/getString?

Gabino A. de la Gala likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice