B4J Question How to protect communication from mobile device to jRdc2 server?

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
I would like to create a system for taking orders from customers at home to pizzerias
The app used by the individual customer runs on a smartphone or tablet and uses a jRdc2-type system for reading/writing information on the 'orders' database
The 'orders' database physically resides on a computer inside the pizzeria offices
And therefore, to allow the sending of smartphone and tablet orders, the pizzeria's computer network must espose a service on which the device can connect
I would like to protect this software service (the jRdc2 program) from unauthorized use, and prevent any malicious people from sending commands to the jRdc2 server
The question is: how to make the connection between mobile device and jRdc2 server only after authorization, such as user and password or other similar means?

EnriqueGonzalez

Licensed User
Longtime User
how to make the connection
As you are using LAN for comms,you need to secure them first with SSL.

You must install the same certificate on both the server and the tablets this way you will protect from outsiders to sniff the communications.

such as user and password or other similar means?
You need to implement some form of auth. Because your project is very simple I guess a simple http auth is more than enough

Just beware that if you don't secure the connections with SSL. Nothing you do later will work

Upvote 0

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
As you are using LAN for comms,you need to secure them first with SSL.

You must install the same certificate on both the server and the tablets this way you will protect from outsiders to sniff the communications.

Ok, ssl will be
How to obtain a 'certificate' for client and server?
And how use it to secure the communication?
There are any examples in B4x code?

Upvote 0

teddybear

Licensed User
Ok, ssl will be
How to obtain a 'certificate' for client and server?
And how use it to secure the communication?
There are any examples in B4x code?
Here it will tell you how to config ssl.

Upvote 0