1. *** New version of B4J is available ***
    B4J v7.8
    Dismiss Notice

B4J Question How to query Sqlite on my VPS

Discussion in 'B4J Questions' started by moster67, Jun 5, 2019.

1. moster67

moster67 Expert Licensed User

I have set up a website on my VPS (running Ubuntu with a B4JServer). For this test-project, I used Sqlite.
    Normally I use DB Browser for Sqlite but that means I must download the DB locally and then open it. To do that, I must stop the server which I prefer not to do...
    Thus, I am wondering if it is possible to query the Sqlite datebase from a shell?
    Thanks.

2. MarkusR

MarkusR Well-Known Member Licensed User

install db browser for linux and use remote desktop at pc or tablet or phone.

or output the data as html. the jetty web server examples already have this. should be little effort.

moster67 likes this.
  3. moster67

moster67 Expert Licensed User

Thanks @MarkusR. Good suggestions.

I did not install a GUI so I consult the server only using SSH/Shell.

That is a cool idea. I could write my own apis for most common requirements.

I also found this which I might be able to use:
    https://www.phpliteadmin.org/
    It is web-based.

4. inakigarm

inakigarm Well-Known Member Licensed User

You can install jRDC2 on the server and query with B4X clients (even Update, Insert, Delete tables/registers etc..)

moster67 likes this.
  5. wl

wl Well-Known Member Licensed User

What I did was install Caddy as a reverse proxy that also hosts PHP pages and run phpliteadmin to do remote management.
    Caddy thus hosts phpliteadmin, but also acts as a revrse proxy (with let's encrypt SSL) to Jetty applications in B4J.

You can also use the (commercial) Navicat suite that can connect to sqlite through a tunnel (php page as well). Works very well (has much more functionality than phpliteadmin) but comes at a cost of 59 USD (or plus depending on your situation). See: https://www.navicat.com/en/store/navicat-essentials

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice