B4J Question How To Read An Error File--Help With This Error Log

cklester

Licensed User
Is there comprehensive documentation on how to read the B4X error log? Do I need to learn Java to understand it sufficiently?

I'm not sure how to figure out what the true error is from this log. Can anybody determine the problem?

Here is the code that triggers the problem, which occurs on line 16 (see error log, below). I have four B4X pages. All of them work (appear on a button press), except this one!

1604884170142.png

It seems like this would mean "there's no Account layout." But there is! I swear there is! :)

Here is the error log:

B4X:
Waiting for debugger to connect...
Program started.
Error occurred on line: 16 (page_Account)
java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at java.base/java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java:566)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.keywords.Common.CallSubDebug2(Common.java:460)
    at b4j.example.b4xpagesmanager._createpageifneeded(b4xpagesmanager.java:826)
    at b4j.example.b4xpagesmanager._showpage(b4xpagesmanager.java:320)
    at b4j.example.b4xpages._showpage(b4xpages.java:53)
    at b4j.example.b4xmainpage._btn_account_click(b4xmainpage.java:85)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke0(Native Method)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.NativeMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(NativeMethodAccessorImpl.java:62)
    at java.base/jdk.internal.reflect.DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.invoke(DelegatingMethodAccessorImpl.java:43)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.runMethod(Shell.java:632)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEventImpl(Shell.java:237)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.Shell.raiseEvent(Shell.java:167)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA.raiseEvent2(BA.java:91)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.shell.ShellBA.raiseEvent2(ShellBA.java:98)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.BA$1.run(BA.java:216)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$10(PlatformImpl.java:428)
    at java.base/java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.javafx.application.PlatformImpl.lambda$runLater$11(PlatformImpl.java:427)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.InvokeLaterDispatcher$Future.run(InvokeLaterDispatcher.java:96)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication._runLoop(Native Method)
    at javafx.graphics/com.sun.glass.ui.win.WinApplication.lambda$runLoop$3(WinApplication.java:174)
    at java.base/java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:834)
Caused by: java.lang.RuntimeException: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.debug.Debug.CallSub4(Debug.java:134)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.debug.Debug.CallSubNew2(Debug.java:81)
    ... 30 more
Caused by: java.lang.reflect.InvocationTargetException
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.debug.Debug.CallSub4(Debug.java:115)
    ... 31 more
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: class sun.reflect.generics.reflectiveObjects.ParameterizedTypeImpl cannot be cast to class java.lang.Class (sun.reflect.generics.reflectiveObjects.ParameterizedTypeImpl and java.lang.Class are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')
    at anywheresoftware.b4j.objects.LayoutBuilder.loadLayoutHeader(LayoutBuilder.java:179)
    at anywheresoftware.b4j.objects.LayoutBuilder.loadLayoutHeader(LayoutBuilder.java:221)
    at anywheresoftware.b4j.objects.LayoutBuilder.loadLayout(LayoutBuilder.java:101)
    at anywheresoftware.b4j.objects.PaneWrapper.LoadLayout(PaneWrapper.java:101)
    at anywheresoftware.b4a.objects.B4XViewWrapper.LoadLayout(B4XViewWrapper.java:503)
    at b4j.example.page_account._b4xpage_created(page_account.java:69)
    ... 36 more

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Please post code as text.

The relevant message is:
Caused by: java.lang.ClassCastException: class sun.reflect.generics.reflectiveObjects.ParameterizedTypeImpl cannot be cast to class java.lang.Class (sun.reflect.generics.reflectiveObjects.ParameterizedTypeImpl and java.lang.Class are in module java.base of loader 'bootstrap')

Can you post the code in class_globals?

There is a type mismatch somewhere there.

Upvote 0

cklester

Licensed User
Please post code as text.

I posted it that way because I wanted the line numbers to show. :) I will continue to post text-only otherwise.

The relevant message is:

Can you post the code in class_globals?

Here's that:

B4X:
Sub Class_Globals
    Private Root As B4XView 'ignore
    Private xui As XUI 'ignore
    Private spin_PromptTime As B4XView
    Private spin_PromptFrequency As B4XView
End Sub

Those two spin_ items are Spinners. I'm guessing now that's where the problem is...?

EDIT: That was, indeed, what the error was. I changed both to "As Spinner," modified some code to use .Value, and now it works fine.

Thank you!

Upvote 0