Android Question How to request an ICSx5 calendar sync using ContentResolver?

walt61

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi gang,

I'm working on some calendar-related stuff (will publish it in the near future when I'm finished with it) and would like to be able to do from B4A what's suggested here: https://forums.bitfire.at/topic/964/scripting-a-sync/3, i.e. "You can simply request a sync using ContentResolver on the Account(“ICSdroid”, “at.bitfire.icsdroid”), with the CalendarContract authority."

'Simply' is een understatement - for me at least, I've tried some things but didn't succeed. Would anyone be able to give some pointers on how to do this in B4A?

(A workaround would be launching the ICSx5 app programmatically and then letting the user 'pull to sync', but I'd prefer to get this going without requiring additional user interaction.)

Thanks in advance !

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
(A workaround would be launching the ICSx5 app programmatically and then letting the user 'pull to sync', but I'd prefer to get this going without requiring additional user interaction.)
Check the Documentation of ICS if they do provide an Intent for this: if not then you are out of luck.

Upvote 0