Android Question How to Send a Message to a Android Device

Devendra

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a requirement to send messages to some android devices in a ERP application (desktop ) windows based. This application will indicate to connected ( Company Owned Phones ( Android ) to receive notification through the ERP system. Eg : If a customer is billed through the ERP the related Sales representative will get a notification in his Phone. This cannot be e-mail.

Pls some one give me a advice of what type of service or type of system i should choose is it Google GCM i this it does not do the purpose.

All i want to do is when the ERP update the database to send a notification to the relevant user. Sort of a internal messaging system within the company.

Is there a way to invoke a application through any mean Pls advice.

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, I have the access to the ERP Database in the Local SQL Server, What do you Mean by PHP

Many companies have strict rules (security) which components may be used/installed on the server side. I'm not sure if GCM or a B4J component will be ok for you.

Are you allowed to fetch the data from the server's db (it's the same if you push the data to the app or to get the data from the server every minute or so)?

Upvote 0

Devendra

Licensed User
Longtime User
Many companies have strict rules (security) which components may be used/installed on the server side. I'm not sure if GCM or a B4J component will be ok for you.

Are you allowed to fetch the data from the server's db (it's the same if you push the data to the app or to get the data from the server every minute or so)?

You are right, Yes i know this method but when it comes to lots of Android devices and the data usage it is pointless, What i want is to invoke a app in the android side once a new message arrives to the Server Database only, is there a way to do that pls let me know, thank you in advance for looking at my request.

Upvote 0