B4R Question How to Send and Store in a Database Using MQTT

pokhraj_d

I have confusion regarding below Details:

1. I wanted to send the DHT11 Sensor data to Mysql Database. Then from there my PHP application will read and analyse the data as per the requirements.
2. How to send and Store the data in database over the internet by using MQTT protocol. I am using GSM800/900 shield for transfer of data to TCP server.

Please advice.

Thanks-
Pokhraj Das

Last edited by a moderator:

pokhraj_d

Hello Erel,
I read the above link which you have shared. I have some more confusion.. As per the link
This is an extension to jRDC2. It adds support for MQTT and allows accessing the remote database with an Arduino or ESP8266 board.

What I want is to connect the MQTT server [Which I have already installed & configured at VPS cloud server] by using SIM800/SIM900 GSM shield not ESP8266. As ESP8266 is an WI-FI sheild which required a Router.

Now my DHT11 will be at remote location where only SIM800/SIM900 GSM can be used for accessing internet.
Please advice how to connect at GSM800 shield from b4r with MQTT client to MQTT server [Broker].

Thanks-
Pokhraj Das

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

pokhraj_d

Thanks @Erel for the support and advice. I found that there is Arduino MQTT Library for SIM800/SIM900 GSM Modem. This can be used to connect to TCP server to publish and can store the data at database.
Can this be possible for you to help to make a b4r compatible library.
Please help and advice on this.

Thanks-
Pokhraj Das

Upvote 0