iOS Question How to use a ios app wrapper

Discussion in 'iOS Questions' started by schimanski, Aug 10, 2019.

1. schimanski

schimanski Well-Known Member Licensed User

MobileIron is a mobile device management from vodafone to manage devices in a closed usergroup. With the IOS Wrapper, it should be possible to run the app in a seperate container. I now have this things, to make it useful for my app:

- AppconnectAppWrapper with some contents like
    - CodeSignature
    - MacOS
    - Resources
    -info.plist
    -Pkginfo

We are using inhouse apps, so it is not possible to look to the apple terms. I don't have some experiences with wrapper. Could somebody tell me, how it works and do I need a Mac-pc?

Thank you for any help...

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

You do need a local Mac to create wrappers. If the SDK is simple enough then you can access the native APIs with NativeObject or a bit of inline OBJC (you will still need a local Mac for this).
    [Objective C] Writing libraries for B4i

3. schimanski

schimanski Well-Known Member Licensed User

Short resonse:
    I now bought a mac mini 2011 with High Sierra 10.13.6 and installed Xcode 10.1. I'm now able to run the wrapper and wrap my apps. Thanks you for your efforts.

I have at least one question about it:
    The wrapped app could receive app-specific configuration from the server. It should be possible with implementing the followong callback methods on the class that implements the UIApplicationDelegate protocol:

objective-C:

-(NSString *)appConnectConfigIs:(NSDictionary *)config;
    -(NSString *)appConnectConfigChangedTo:(NSDictionary *)config;

Swift:

@objc func appConnectConfigIs(_ config: [String : Any]) -> String?
    @objc func appConnectConfigChangedTo(_ config: [String : Any]) -> String?

The documentation says: "The parameter is an NSDictionary object which contains the current key-value pairs for the app-specific configuration."

How could it be possible to implement this in an app?

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice