How to use OPENCV library

TheArkhangel

Licensed User
Longtime User
Greetings to all.

I am interested to know if I can use the OpenCV library for image processing basic4android.

It can be used directly, anyone know any examples of how to do it?

You can import or create the library to use it directly?

I hope someone can answer these questions.

Regards to all.

TheArkhangel

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Ere for your response.

I adquire the license software B4A and I have many years programing in vb 6, 2003, 2005 but I don't know how to "wrap" a library ?

Its possible see any example to guide me ?

TheArkhangel

Upvote 0

XverhelstX

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, I managed to port OpenCV to Basic4Android.
I managed to access the Native and Java camera and some other functions:

So it should work

Upvote 0

Medel

Licensed User
Longtime User

Hi XverhelstX, Is there any update on the porting of the OpenCV to B4A? there's lots of emotions here in the forum C= if so...do you sell it?

Upvote 0

csc000

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Tomas, I am also interested in opencv wrapper. Can u send update how far are u with opencv?

Upvote 0

rayzrocket

Licensed User
Longtime User
Seems like the "Itseez" team that created OPENCV now supports desktop Java and Android natively(always kept updated just as the other languages):
http://opencv.org/opencv-java-api.html

You can download the OPENCV Java SDK here:
http://opencv.org/downloads.html

I don't know enough to make a tutorial or example showing how to use this in B4A and/or B4J.

It would be really nice if someone did! granted it's possible to use these with B4A / B4J ?

Upvote 0

DrewG

Licensed User
Longtime User
XverhelstX

The dialate/erode (open and closing) morphs, need them so bad,, uggh just make it chargeable in its current state I will buy it

Upvote 0

canalrun

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,
I'm resurrecting this oldish thread.

What is the current state for using the the OpenCV library within B4A?

I have a need to locate features within an image. I think the feature detection within OpenCV might be helpful.

Specifically I need to locate the rectangle containing a barcode within the image of a the face of a shipping box.

My first guess is that I need to locate the barcode using feature detection, then using the ABZxing library decode the barcode.

Is there something else I should be looking at? What is the state or possibilities for integrating OpenCV?

Thanks,
Barry.

Upvote 0
Cookies are required to use this site. You must accept them to continue using the site. Learn more…