HTTP library - SOAP action

zdenkot

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
In my program I have to use SOAP web service request.
First I studied Erel's GET example (Curreny.sbp) and POST example and both of them were working on www.webservicex.org . I also tried SOAP request using example given on www.webservicex.org site (HTTP-POST method as it was suggested). However I have no success and the problem was not in building SOAP message because I used one from web site. It seems me that HTTP library is missing something like SOAPaction property.
Please see CurrencyConvertor Web Service .

I hope that Erel has comment on that and/or that someone has working example of SOAP web request.

Thanks in advance.

zdenkot

Licensed User
Longtime User
Erel, thank you very very much!

This is the best support I ever had!

Regards

:sign0188:

JOTHA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello Erel,

I tried out ...
... See the attached example (CurrencyConverter using Soap messages).
... but there was the following message:
"Communication error."
I tried it on the Desktop (with active internetconnection) ans also on the PPC (also with active internetconnection), it´s always the same.

Could it be, that it doesn´t work with Basic4PPC in the Version 6.5?

Thanks for your support.

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
You need the latest Door library that came with version 6.50 and to add the module name to the Request object at line 60.
B4X:
   obj.FromLibrary("Main.Request","req",B4PObject(2))
It now runs (but the site times out for me!).

The "Communication Error" is a catch-all message in the Errorlabel handling as Basic4ppc doesn't let you see the reason for the error. To do so you need my Exceptions library http://www.b4x.com/forum/additional-libraries/2305-exceptions-handling-library.html which gives you access to the Exception error message.

JOTHA

Licensed User
Longtime User
@agraham:

THANK YOU!
B4X:
obj.FromLibrary("Main.Request","req",B4PObject(2))
It works now. :)

sanoy

Licensed User
the soap sample works on my device but doesn't work on my desktop.
but my other http apps are working though.

can anybody tell me what's is wrong with my desktop?

this is the error message:
soap error.JPG

Last edited:

joew

More help / comments

:sign0163:

I am willing to purchase an hour of someone's time if they can comment and/or walk me through a detailed explaination of this code. Perhaps even helping me make it a bit more "Generic" so we can make a quick and easy "soap" starter application.

I am willing to post the results to the group as well... Let me know if interested.

/joe - [email protected]