iOS Question Http PostString to non HTTPS server

ThePuiu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm trying to make a POST call to a server that doesn't have SSL. The message I receive is: The resource could not be loaded because the App Transport Security policy requires the use of a secure connection. Is there a possibility (as in Android) to avoid this?

ThePuiu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you, now its working!
The application I'm working on now is for a single company. It will run on their ASP server that is hosted on a service provider. Can a free SSL certificate be installed in this case? Will such a certificate correspond to the requirements of Apple?

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

ThePuiu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unfortunately, I only have access to the Control Panel from the IIS server. I cannot install any applications on the server. The hoster does not want to install anything on the server! Unless a $ 90 SSL certificate is paid

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Unless a $ 90 SSL certificate is paid

Please note that PostString is not secure. All it does is to keep information out of the URL, which is typically logged by servers. It's still plain text that is easily snooped. You could encrypt everything yourself. If you do spent time to do the encryption though, would it cost more than $90 in development time?

Update: Just noticed this post: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...etween-b4i-and-an-asp-net-application.109922/. I guess you are aware of the situation and you are doing encryption on B4A. But unless you need encrypted info at rest, was writing your own encryption handling for data in transit cheaper than the $90 certificate?

Upvote 0

ThePuiu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please note that PostString is not secure.
Yes, I know that.

I have to work with the client's requirements! ASP encryption and decryption are simple, the entire encryption-decryption process took half an hour (between B4A and ASP)!

Upvote 0

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0