Android Question Huawei Intent fail

QtechLab

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello,

My new App use the Intent class in order to open pdf files with external reader. With the debug phone (HTC one mini and many others) the Intent works perfectly.

Two users, which are using Huawei G8 and Huawei P8 tells me that the App fail open documents, i see the phones and seems that the OS doesn't let the App to open the intent. They have many PDF readers on the smartphones.

This is my intent code:
B4X:
Dim intent1 as Intent
intent1.Initialize(intent1.ACTION_VIEW, "file://" & file.combine(File.DirDefaultExternal & "/" & filename))
intent1.SetComponent("android/com.android.internal.app.ResolverActivity)
intent1.SetType("application/pdf")
StartAcrtivity(intent1)

Do you know if some permissions are needed to let the intent work with this type of smartphone?

Thanks in advance

QtechLab

Licensed User
Longtime User

This is my Manifest Editor

B4X:
'This code will be applied to the manifest file during compilation.
'You do not need to modify it in most cases.
'See this link for for more information: https://www.b4x.com/forum/showthread.php?p=78136
AddManifestText(
<uses-sdk android:minSdkVersion="5" android:targetSdkVersion="14"/>
<supports-screens android:largeScreens="true"
    android:normalScreens="true"
    android:smallScreens="true"
    android:anyDensity="true"/>)
SetApplicationAttribute(android:icon, "@drawable/icon")
SetApplicationAttribute(android:label, "$LABEL$")
SetApplicationAttribute(android:theme, "@android:style/Theme.Holo")
'End of default text.

Upvote 0

KMatle

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Maybe wrong but I had some troubles with the google calendar widget was not updating. Reason was that the app wasn't "protected" on my P8. So it was deactivated to do anything. Maybe it's something similar (security settings).

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If the intent mit work then i guess they dont have a app installed which are able to show a pdf....
Adobe Reader installed?

Just a guess

Upvote 0

QtechLab

Licensed User
Longtime User
If the intent mit work then i guess they dont have a app installed which are able to show a pdf....
Adobe Reader installed?

Just a guess

If there aren't installed apps that are able to open the files the O.S. gave me back a message that say something like "No app can execute this action".

I'm waiting a feedback from a client that is using the P8, i suggest him to check security settings.

I'll keep this thread update

Upvote 0

geola

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Marcello,

could you find the reason for this? i have the same problem open PDF's from my app on Huawei phones.

Michael

Upvote 0

QtechLab

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Marcello,

could you find the reason for this? i have the same problem open PDF's from my app on Huawei phones.

Michael

Hi Geola,
Sorry for the late response, i was far from my office.
Unluckily i still do not have an answer to that problem. I've included a web browser that do the work for Huawei phones.
Have you done any progress in the other days?

Upvote 0