Android Question humberger menu (sliding menu) not working in android device

junaidahmed

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to make humberger menu (sliding menu) using B4xDrawerlibary.i have download sample from below link.but this apps is not working in my device.please check below details for your reference and advise where it is problem.

B4A software : 12.50
Andoroid sdk platform : android-33
Android Device version : Android 11

Attachments

• B4A_B4XDrawer.zip
    11.4 KB · Views: 51

Brian Dean

Licensed User
Longtime User
Your code sample as supplied does not run (on my device) because it is missing some of the AppCompat components. I see from your other posts that you are having many problems and this is probably because you are not setting up the correct AppCompat environment.

If your main objective is to create a sliding menu then try this simpler example. It does not require AppCompat.

Attachments

• SlideMenuExample.zip
    13.2 KB · Views: 63
Upvote 0

junaidahmed

Licensed User
Longtime User
''
Your code sample as supplied does not run (on my device) because it is missing some of the AppCompat components. I see from your other posts that you are having many problems and this is probably because you are not setting up the correct AppCompat environment.

If your main objective is to create a sliding menu then try this simpler example. It does not require AppCompat.
Thanks for reply...

it works fine,but i need example code for "Sliding with animated burger" as per above link.
please help

Last edited:
Upvote 0

junaidahmed

Licensed User
Longtime User
''
Thanks for reply...

it works fine,but i need example code for "Sliding with animated burger" as per above link.
please help
please help...
I am struggling this task for last four days.
i have tried many example with latest version but Appcompt not working in my device..
please help....

Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
awaiting for reply....
please help..
Ya Ahmed: I ran the example in your first post on a phone with: OS 11, B4A 12.5 and SDK 33 and it worked for me. Is it possible that you are missing and need this file in your B4A additional library folder: android-support-v7-appcompat.jar. If so, here it is attached.

Attachments

• android-support-v7-appcompat.jar
    511.4 KB · Views: 49
Upvote 0

junaidahmed

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ya Ahmed: I ran the example in your first post on a phone with: OS 11, B4A 12.5 and SDK 33 and it worked for me. Is it possible that you are missing and need this file in your B4A additional library folder: android-support-v7-appcompat.jar. If so, here it is attached.
I have added above jar file in B4A libraries folder but still its not working.please check attached screenshot for your reference.
how can I check this error but there is no error log is showing ..

Attachments

• lib1.PNG
    lib1.PNG
    79.2 KB · Views: 53
  • lib2.PNG
    lib2.PNG
    103 KB · Views: 55
Upvote 0

Mahares

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
The only difference I see is that you are showing AppCompat 4.00 and the internal is 4.02. The only thing I would recommend and not sure it will help is to remove any AppCompat.jar, AppCompat.xml and AppCompataar from your additional lib folder and see if it works, if they are a;ready there.

Upvote 0

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
At minimum you should NOT put ANY additional libraries into the internal library folder.

Best is to deinstall B4A and make sure the internal libraryfolder is empty or not existent.

Install B4A and setup a additional library folder. Only put additional libraries here.
Make sure you do not have any appcompat files in the additional libryry folder as Mahares already mentioned.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

junaidahmed

Licensed User
Longtime User
At minimum you should NOT put ANY additional libraries into the internal library folder.

Best is to deinstall B4A and make sure the internal libraryfolder is empty or not existent.

Install B4A and setup a additional library folder. Only put additional libraries here.
Make sure you do not have any appcompat files in the additional libryry folder as Mahares already mentioned.
Thanks for reply...
Its works fine after re-install of B4A.

can you please share the example code for "Sliding drawer with animated burger with material icon" ?? (screenshot is attached in above link)

Upvote 0