Android Question I deleted appcompat folder

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello all ,

I deleted C:\Android\android-sdk\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat folder and now when I run any Appcompat Application , I get Unfortuanetly APP has stopped working .

Can any one please share same folder or tell me how to get it again ?

Thanks in advance

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
I downloaded it again but I still get "Unfortuanetly app stopped working" error .
Can the version be the problem ? currently SDK Manager has 22.2.1 .

Upvote 0

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
Log has : "java.lang.RuntimeException: Unable to start activity ComponentInfo{b4a.example/b4a.example.main}: java.lang.ClassCastException: android.support.v7.internal.widget.ContentFrameLayout cannot be cast to android.support.v7.internal.widget.NativeActionModeAwareLayout"

Upvote 0

corwin42

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I downloaded it again but I still get "Unfortuanetly app stopped working" error .
Can the version be the problem ? currently SDK Manager has 22.2.1 .

If you now probably installed a newer version in your SDK directory and the #AdditionalRes attribute points to the SDK path have you updated the android-support-v4.jar and android-support-v7-appcompat.jar files in your CustomLibs folder?

Upvote 0

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
If you now probably installed a newer version in your SDK directory and the #AdditionalRes attribute points to the SDK path have you updated the android-support-v4.jar and android-support-v7-appcompat.jar files in your CustomLibs folder?
Thanks a lot .
I copied v7 and v4 from C:\Android\android-sdk\extras\android\support\v7\appcompat\libs to Libraries folder but my app still crashed then I got v4 from C:\Android\android-sdk\extras\android\support\v4
And now my apps are working again .

Upvote 0