I feel silly asking but......

jscoulter

Licensed User
Longtime User
HI all
I feel silly asking but......its been a few months since I did any dev using B4A, although I dont thing I have forgotten THAT much :)
I have written a wee app that reads and writes to a file and lists the contents of a file in a Spin and Listview.
All works ok, BUT when I run the app in the emulator with NO debugging enabled etc, then close, the application goes away but stays running in the background and I have to got to the settings/applications menu to force it to close !
I then implemented a dialog to confirm the user wants to exit the app if they use the back button and use Activity.finish if they says yes, and once again the app "closes" BUT it STILL stays its running in the settings/applications menu and I still have to force close it.
I MUST be missing something somewhere. This isnt a service app, just a plain old app.
Can someone refresh my memory :)

Thanks,Jeremy

NJDude

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
If you used Activity.Finish then your app ends, Android will "kill" your app when needed so, there's nothing wrong with that, you could use ExitApplication but is not recommended.

Upvote 0

jscoulter

Licensed User
Longtime User
well thats what "I" thought too.
I just dont see why it keeps it. I will have to do some testing. Maybe something I am doing is not being freed or something.

Thanks, Jeremy

Upvote 0