Android Question I need my app to appear on the entire screen

yaniv hanya

Licensed User
Hi
I need my app to appear on the entire screen and hide all the rows including the row of buttons below (Home button, Back, etc.) The lines above I hid but
How do you hide the bottom line?

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi
I need my app to appear on the entire screen and hide all the rows including the row of buttons below (Home button, Back, etc.) The lines above I hid but
How do you hide the bottom line?

Hmm, search the forum for 'immersive mode'. Depending on what you are trying to do 'immersive mode' is probably a better option for your than 'kiosk mode' would be.

Upvote 0

yaniv hanya

Licensed User
Hi
Thenks but I could not run the example of the kiosk. The Debger give me this massege
" Error
adb: failed to install Kiosk_RAPID_DEBUG.apk: Failure [-26: Package b4a.example new target SDK 19 doesn't support runtime permissions but the old target SDK 26 does.]"
And when i changed the target to 26 and pressed the lock button the application crashed.

In any case my appaction is more like a kiosk. This is a machine. That the tablet is its operating interface. And I need the app to be the only thing available. Without the drawer above. No buttons down. When the device is turned on it will rise immediately and if it crashes it will run itself again.
How can this be done?

Last edited:
Upvote 0

bdunkleysmith

Licensed User
Longtime User
yaniv hanya, if you go the kiosk route don't make the same newbie mistake I made of not including a "hidden" means of unlocking the kiosk app so that I could update it after making some minor mods to the B4A code - a trap for newbies!

I had to do a factory reset on my device and reinstall the app after including code to lock/unlock it, but I can recommend kiosk mode based on my experience for your sort of application. Refer: Error when creating kiosk app

Upvote 0

yaniv hanya

Licensed User
I managed to turn on the kiosk mode but still the back button appears .
I have to hide all the system buttons and my app will take over the entire screen like the games apps.
How to do it?

Upvote 0

techknight

Licensed User
Longtime User
Kiosk mode with Immersive mode.

This will make it disappear, but if someone swipes on the screen especially at the bottom, it will re-appear momentarily. Nothing you can do programatically that I know of which will make it gone forever.

Upvote 0