I strayed away, but I am now back

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a confession. Two months ago, I bought GameMaker 2 with the Android export module, I worked with a guy who had a game on PC to convert it to Android using gamemaker. I thought it was fine, but the truth is, it wasn't great. Gamemaker doesn't give me the control I like having with B4A, yes it seemed faster to get something going, but frustrating too, I like having all the code in one block, not all spread over different objects everywhere where I have to remember where things are, as in Gamemaker.

So I'm back on B4A, asking forgiveness and hoping you'll all play my Tetris inspired game I'm releasing in a few weeks.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
My Tetris game is getting really juicy! Lovely particle effect, screenshake, explosions, real feeling of things dropping and smashing. Using gameboy scoring and rotation methods

just got a lovely looking motion blue effect working for fast dropping blocks

Thinking of calling it GemTris, does anyone think I'll hit any copyright issues, my Invaders game has never had any problems with that name form the official space invaders developer

Last edited:

Eme Fibonacci

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have a confession. Two months ago, I bought GameMaker 2 with the Android export module, I worked with a guy who had a game on PC to convert it to Android using gamemaker. I thought it was fine, but the truth is, it wasn't great. Gamemaker doesn't give me the control I like having with B4A, yes it seemed faster to get something going, but frustrating too, I like having all the code in one block, not all spread over different objects everywhere where I have to remember where things are, as in Gamemaker.

So I'm back on B4A, asking forgiveness and hoping you'll all play my Tetris inspired game I'm releasing in a few weeks.
Do you want to sell your license?:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

somed3v3loper

Licensed User
Longtime User
I almost did the same a few years ago but the difference is that I was not able to make a complete game neither in GM nor in B4X :D . I hope I will do it someday

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Welcome back, Andy.

The name Gemtris seems to be used for a match 3 game already.

Maybe you should make some changes to the game play to avoid issues or make it more unique.
Regular tetris games come by dozens already if you search on Play.

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Sorex,
yes I am probably going to rename it: "Gem Drop : Block Puzzle", as you say, gem tris is already taken, and not made of normal words, and block puzzle get's used by a lot of Tetris clones, which will help the ASO value of my game.

I'm hoping my game will stand out above the other clones, as I am putting a lot of work into adding "juice" to it, making it run very smooth, have nice graphical effects and feel like a polished game. The truth is, most single dev games on the app stores look very simple and no where near the level of professional games, this is why they get no downloads. But you spend the time (and some money on assets), then you can make your game stand out.

LucaMs

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
which will help the ASO value of my game.
upload_2019-5-20_10-42-1.png

upload_2019-5-20_10-42-11.png