Java Question i2c and spi library for b4a

salim safran

Licensed User
Longtime User
i am looking for a i2c and spi library for b4a to communicate directly with these ports not usb, any ideas i have android board with spi and i2c ports, please advise.

kolbe

Licensed User
Longtime User
i am looking for a i2c and spi library for b4a to communicate directly with these ports not usb, any ideas i have android board with spi and i2c ports, please advise.

Sorry not sure what you are asking for really but... the IOIO library does do i2c and spi through the IOIO board that is of course connected to the Android device. Sounds like you are asking for a Android driver of sorts to connect something to the device internally.

salim safran

Licensed User
Longtime User
Kolbe, yes I am trying to connect devices with with i2c to a board running android, for example pcduino , will write the class this week and see it's performance.

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi Salim,
wish you a good luck, and you may also consider serial-to-i2c converter (plenty of them out there) .. hardware is getting cheaper every day.

salim safran

Licensed User
Longtime User
Beja,

there are some interesting boards, i can recall beaglebone, PI, PCduino that I actually worked on lately, non comes with rtc chip , found external rtc with i2c that is why I needed such coding, will write the i2c class in b4a and test all my ideas, I can not stop thinking about android with i2c and spi speeds compared to conventional serial links. thank you for the info the serial-to-i2c converter i found on ebay are nothing but simple mcu that i can build one too with atmel $2 mcu chips but still not the speeds i want. thank you again.

Last edited: