Other B4A v10.2 BETA is available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This update adds support for the latest version of Firebase, Crashlytics and Android SDK.
  • B4ASdkManager updated to support latest version of Android SDK command line tools.
  • Firebase libraries updated to support latest version of Firebase SDK.
  • OkHttp updated based on OkHttp 3.14.9.
  • Support for latest version of Crashlytics. Previous version will stop tracking crashes on November 2020.
  • B4X version of KeyValueStore added as an internal library.
  • Internal libraries updated: B4XPages, B4XDrawer, B4XCollections, XUI Views and BCTextEngine.
  • Deprecated libraries removed: CustomListView (replaced with xCustomListView), Http and HttpUtils2 (replaced with OkHttp and OkHttpUtils2).
  • B4XPages template updated.
  • IDE performance improvements related to projects which use many b4xlibs.
  • New indicators to help understand the code flow with resumable subs:

1598868185888.png
I recommend switching to the latest command line tools + Android SDK. This means that you need to download a new SDK. You can keep the previous one as well.

Instructions:

1. Download command line tools v6609375: https://developer.android.com/studio#command-tools
  2. Unpack in C:\Android
  3. Download additional resources: https://b4xfiles-4c17.kxcdn.com/b4a/resources_9_20.zip
  4. Unpack in C:\Android. It should look like this:

explorer_hfrxvrNO6q.png

5. Set android.jar path in the IDE to: C:\Android\platforms\android-30\android.jar
  6. Note that you don't need to run B4A Sdk Manager at all. All the required components are included. If you do want to run the emulator then start Tools - B4A Sdk manager, install the recommended items and create a new AVD.

Beta link: www.b4x.com/android/files/beta.exe

Attachments

• 1598867682604.png
    1598867682604.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 735
Last edited:

incendio

Licensed User
Longtime User
Instructions:
  1. Download command line tools v6609375: https://developer.android.com/studio#command-tools
  2. Unpack in C:\Android
  3. Download additional resources: https://b4xfiles-4c17.kxcdn.com/b4a/resources_9_20.zip
  4. Unpack in C:\Android. It should look like this:

explorer_hfrxvrNO6q.png

5. Set android.jar path in the IDE to: C:\Android\platforms\android-30\android.jar
  6. Note that you don't need to run B4A Sdk Manager at all. All the required components are included. If you do want to run the emulator then start Tools - B4A Sdk manager, install the recommended items and create a new AVD.

I have downloaded no 1, downloaded file only have 2 folders under tools folder, bin & lib, no folders proguard an support. is this the correct one?

There is already folder C:\Android in my PC, should it delete / rename and create new folder for this new command lines?

Upvote 0

Rubsanpe

Licensed User
Hi. I have a problem with the layouts in the beta. It worked perfectly in version 10. The application is using B4XPages. As you can see in the photo in the pages I have placed the ads at the bottom, and in all of them I have cuts. Attached image of the layout and the result in the emulator.

RubƩn

Attachments

• Layout.png
    Layout.png
    45.4 KB · Views: 303
  • Screenshot_1599298436.png
    Screenshot_1599298436.png
    87.5 KB · Views: 308
  • Banner.png
    Banner.png
    22.8 KB · Views: 303
Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
I also have the same question as in #68

I downloaded command line tools from #1
  1. Download command line tools v6609375: https://developer.android.com/studio#command-tool

But when I opened this zip file there are only 2 folders under tools - bin & lib, no folders proguard an support. is this the correct one?

Please see an attachment

Also see another attachment that shows file structure for current command line tools (for B4X version 10) on the right and new command line tools for Android9 on the left.

It shows what is missing. I tried 2 times download this new command line tools, tried to open it with Windows Explorer, with Total Commander - the same result. Am I missing something?
    screen.png

screen1.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Unzip it with 7zip. Worked for me.
Thanks for your replay - that's what I see if I open it with 7zip - as you can see there is no difference. Tried WinZip, WinRar, Windows Explorer, Chrome browser, 7Zip also tried to open the same zip on my mac - no difference at all.

screen.jpg

Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Extract it in your existing c:\android and see if it works.
I'm using B4A Ver 10.0 At least it works and I don't want to get stuck with non-working IDE.
What did you get when you open this zip with 7zip? Can you put a screenshot? Or maybe you can attach a zip itself?

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.