Other B4A v10.2 BETA is available for download

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
This update adds support for the latest version of Firebase, Crashlytics and Android SDK.
  • B4ASdkManager updated to support latest version of Android SDK command line tools.
  • Firebase libraries updated to support latest version of Firebase SDK.
  • OkHttp updated based on OkHttp 3.14.9.
  • Support for latest version of Crashlytics. Previous version will stop tracking crashes on November 2020.
  • B4X version of KeyValueStore added as an internal library.
  • Internal libraries updated: B4XPages, B4XDrawer, B4XCollections, XUI Views and BCTextEngine.
  • Deprecated libraries removed: CustomListView (replaced with xCustomListView), Http and HttpUtils2 (replaced with OkHttp and OkHttpUtils2).
  • B4XPages template updated.
  • IDE performance improvements related to projects which use many b4xlibs.
  • New indicators to help understand the code flow with resumable subs:

1598868185888.png
I recommend switching to the latest command line tools + Android SDK. This means that you need to download a new SDK. You can keep the previous one as well.

Instructions:

1. Download command line tools v6609375: https://developer.android.com/studio#command-tools
  2. Unpack in C:\Android
  3. Download additional resources: https://b4xfiles-4c17.kxcdn.com/b4a/resources_9_20.zip
  4. Unpack in C:\Android. It should look like this:

explorer_hfrxvrNO6q.png

5. Set android.jar path in the IDE to: C:\Android\platforms\android-30\android.jar
  6. Note that you don't need to run B4A Sdk Manager at all. All the required components are included. If you do want to run the emulator then start Tools - B4A Sdk manager, install the recommended items and create a new AVD.

Beta link: www.b4x.com/android/files/beta.exe

Attachments

• 1598867682604.png
    1598867682604.png
    17.6 KB · Views: 735
Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi. I have a problem with the layouts in the beta. It worked perfectly in version 10. The application is using B4XPages. As you can see in the photo in the pages I have placed the ads at the bottom, and in all of them I have cuts. Attached image of the layout and the result in the emulator.
Most probably not related to the new version, however please start a new thread and provide more information.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

Alex_197

Licensed User
Longtime User
Upvote 0

SMOOTSARA

Licensed User
Longtime User
I got this error message after the update
How can I fix it?
I do not find anything in the SDK manager section :rolleyes:
Thanks🙏

B4A Version: 10.2 BETA #1
Java Version: 11
Parsing code. (0.25s)
Building folders structure. (0.03s)
Compiling code. (0.67s)

ObfuscatorMap.txt file created in Objects folder.
Compiling layouts code. (0.15s)
Organizing libraries. Error
Maven artifact not found: com.google.protobuf/protobuf-javalite

1599471789143.png

Last edited:
Upvote 0

agraham

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't think previous versions did this - but I could be wrong (yes really!)

If I click on a closed region in the module pane the region that opens is not the one that I clicked but a different one, and sometimes nothing opens. I can't so far characterise this behaviour other than it seems wrong.

EDIT: To clarify, I am clicking the name of the region, not the drop down triangle at the left.

Upvote 0

SMOOTSARA

Licensed User
Longtime User
Please post text, not screenshots.
Which library are you using?

B4A Version: 10.2 BETA #1
Java Version: 11
Parsing code. (0.25s)
Building folders structure. (0.03s)
Compiling code. (0.67s)

ObfuscatorMap.txt file created in Objects folder.
Compiling layouts code. (0.15s)
Organizing libraries. Error

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
How do you record that image?
Using a nice free tool named ShareX.

It seems to jump to the correct place but highlights the wrong region. It is related to the fact that the IDE only tracks the current sub and in this case the current sub is actually the sub above the region. Bottom line is that we will need to live with this behavior for now.

Solution is here: https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...le-protobuf-protobuf-javalite.121791/#content

Upvote 0

Xfood

Expert
Licensed User
Could you load the old clv library, Thanks a lot

Most (if not all) of the projects that used the old CLV, used the class module. If someone needs the old CustomListView library then I'll upload it. It can be added to the additional libs folder.

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.