Android Question IAB TCF v2.0 errors detected

FrostCodes

Licensed User
Hi everyone, I got this error from my Admob account and I have been researching for weeks now on how to solve but couldn't find how:

IAB TCF v2.0 errors detected. We've detected an issue on your IAB TC string on one or more of your sites or apps. These errors may affect your ability to serve ads to European users. A detailed report is available for you on the EU user consent page.

I was told to download this:

1711991650002.png

and I did but the file didnt tell me anything related to the issue, here is the file content:

1711991792877.png

Any advice on what is the cause and how to solve?

Link to list of TCF errors

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hard to say what could be the problem (because I don't have it), but wuold ckeck this list:
- Do you use the recomended SDK by Erel?
- Are you get the consent from the user? It worked in your tests?
- What type of ads are you using? Is the same type that causes the problem in different apps (check the units ads started with 819, 88, 863)?
- The app-ads.txt is correct? The site is acessible?

Upvote 0

FrostCodes

Licensed User
Thank @asales,

- Yes I am using the SDK by @Erel and @Jack Cole
- I am getting the user consent before my app loads fully and tries to show any ads
- My app shows different types of ads but the ads unit associated with those errors are a banner, a native, and an app open ads unit that are all in the same app.
- Also, there are no issues with my app-ads.txt, i verified this from the Admob dashboard

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
But I don't know if this can help you:
Do you implemented the consent in your app more then 13 months ago?
I saw in documentation that you need re-obtain consent if the last update date was more than 13 months.

Upvote 0

FrostCodes

Licensed User
Hmm yes, it's possible but then on every restart of the app, I call the function to check if the user consent is true.
Shouldn't this be false if the consent is older than 13 months?

Here is my code:

B4X:
    Ads.Initialize

If Ads.GetConsentStatus = "UNKNOWN" Or Ads.GetConsentStatus = "REQUIRED" Then
        Wait For (Ads.RequestConsentInformation(False)) Complete (Success As Boolean)
    End If

If Ads.GetConsentStatus = "REQUIRED" And Ads.GetConsentFormAvailable Then
        Wait For (Ads.ShowConsentForm) Complete (Success As Boolean)
    End If

#If Debug or beta
    Log("Consent: " & Ads.GetConsentStatus)
    #End If

Ads.FetchOpenAd(ConfigurationManager.AdmobMainOpenAdId, Me, "OpenAd")

Upvote 0

asales

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hmm yes, it's possible but then on every restart of the app, I call the function to check if the user consent is true.
Shouldn't this be false if the consent is older than 13 months?
I include the consent in my app in this year and I don't know how to check the last update.
Maybe @Erel can give a support about this functionality or other member that implemented this function more than one year ago.

Upvote 0

mcqueccu

Licensed User
Longtime User
I have been seeing this on my Dashboard, and I took interest in your post.
I got error 3.3 and from what I have read from Google, My issue is i have to reobtain consent after 13 months and, I dont know if I have to check and handle the consent REOBTAIN or the library will do it automatically.

Your Error is 7.8

1712120182436.png

Check the Error codes here

Upvote 0

FrostCodes

Licensed User
I did read up on the error as explained by @mcqueccu and I looked at what you said @asales, thanks to you both.

I found out that the error is most likely caused because some users are still using the old versions of my app so the consent form is still been reset for them.

I would take time to test well that no ad units are loading before the user consent has been gotten and try to inform my user to upgrade their app using this.

This is what I found:

To resolve the issue, make sure to request for consent information on every app launch. The UMP SDK detects the consent string is invalid attempts to gather new consent. If you are seeing this error, it is possible you are making an ad request prior to requesting for consent information. If you are affected please send over a Charles log of the ad request to confirm.

Source: https://groups.google.com/g/google-admob-ads-sdk/c/BvmCnZLb1Sw/m/_l3XAZoMBAAJ

Ad Unit deployment for gathering consent will not resolve error 7.8. Please follow the Get Started guide for proper instructions on integrating the UMP SDK. The UMP SDK will request to gather new consent of those users who have an invalid TC string. If you are following the guide and requesting consent on every app launch, you are good to go.

Source: https://groups.google.com/g/google-admob-ads-sdk/c/BvmCnZLb1Sw

Also here: https://stackoverflow.com/a/78185489

Upvote 0