iOS Question iBarcode Mulitple Start/Stop best stable method to facilitate this requirement

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi All,

What is the best method or practice to start and stop the scanner without affecting stability of the iBarcode library and by extension stability of the App using the library?

Thanks

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
By initialise you mean dont stop and start multiple times? If so I should put a boolean if to process a scan in Detected event rather than do a stop/start. As in my App the scanned code returned is immediately processed and obly when a button trigger is pressed.

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry about that if you meant the actual .initialize method, then great as I use that method only once

Upvote 0

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Just a follow up on my personal experience using iBarcode as relates to Stop/Start executed repeatedly in less than 5secs that results in a crash with the camera showing a black box. I have remedied by not allowing the user to click scan while the code is processing under the Detect event. Secondly I don't Stop the scanner unless it is idle for over a minute but I do simulate the Stop behaviour by using a boolean to determine if to allow entering the code in the Detect event.

Using both the methods above appears to be 100% uptime without any crashes.

Upvote 0