Android Question IDE Bug in 9.80 ? with B4XTable syntax

Fr Simon Rundell

Licensed User
Longtime User
I usually make a major mistake in the format/way/technique of posting my queries but is this a (silent) bug?

Screenshot 2020-05-21 15.40.41.png

As you can see I am declaring and using my B4XTableColumns but the IDE doesn't like it. It works, but is it a syntax checking problem or am I doing something not technically allowed but which works?

I'm currently having so much fun in lockdown with B4X, and the XUI stuff is just fab, Erel, thank you so much!

Fr Simon Rundell

Licensed User
Longtime User
Ahh - yes, I don't intend to do anything with them columns yet but kept this code format incase I needed to mess with their size etc. Much clearer, THANK YOU.

Upvote 0

Fr Simon Rundell

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thank you. I did try to avoid it but

a) The uid is an integer and when passed as a parameter I was unable to cast it from a String to an Int, so it crashed at WHERE uid='11'

b) It is not an input but stored in a non visible label, so I figured safe from SQL injection.

I'm not the best (nor a professional) coder (completely self-taught) but I try... :)

Upvote 0

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'm not the best (nor a professional) coder (completely self-taught) but I try... :)
You seem to be doing fine, keep it up...

The uid is an integer and when passed as a parameter I was unable to cast it from a String to an Int, so it crashed at WHERE uid='11'
...but this might still be worthy of its own thread even if it's not an editable value.

Upvote 0