Wish IDE to produce Mac osx apps

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
It would be great to add to enhance b4J the ability to develop Apps for MacOSX. And build in native OSX. Is this feasible or far more complex that b4i ability to creste iOS Apps.

As Apple is limiting the version of Java to be able to run on future Macs by not allowing Apps to be notarised and ddnying users from using same b4j becomes less viable to support Mac OS in the neer future

Markos

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes indeed. But with noterisation going to be enforced 100% in the near future and jars and scripts will be difficult to comply with codesign and noterization rules. At least thats where Apple seems to be going sadly. There is a new version of javapacker coming out called jpacker to aid in packaging jars to Mac osx .app if this works and isnt too complicated then we can use the jars produced by b4j to distribute on Mac's.

I've been experimenting with jdk8 to convert .jar to .app with sucess but Apple no longer accepts jdk 8 and fails noterization but passes code signing. I spent 1 week trying several packers alot obsolette to the newer jdk's sadly. I have one last trick to see if I can get appbundler to embed a newer jdk runtime and the main jsr file into an .app. if it works I will know by Friday night and report back.