[IDE - Wishlist]

Enrico79

Licensed User
Longtime User
After a few days working with Basic4android, I missed some things.

For example:
- customize the toolbar (add, remove and reorder buttons, bigger buttons)
- new button for "compile & run (background)"
- new option for the "compile & debug" window, to close automatically after "installing file to device", it's quite annoying to close it everytime by myself
- remembering the last position and width of the window "designer"

Would be great if you could put these things in the next update :eek:

Last edited:

ac9ts

Licensed User
Longtime User
I've brought this up before but will "bump" it here since it's related to the IDE.

It would be nice to be able to drop/open a text file and edit it in the IDE. I tend to have limited screen space and currently have to flip between a text editor (for documentation, notes, etc.) and the IDE. It would be nice if it could all be done in one place.

JordiCP

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
It's an old one, but have just seen it. Opening text files in the IDE would be a big plus

What's more, as in other IDE's, including these text files as part of the project so that they appear in the modules tab.

LWGShane

Licensed User
Longtime User
My list:

- Cross-Platform IDE. (Win, Mac, Linux)
- Visual Studio like UI. (Solution Explorer on left, Log Explorer on bottom. Dock-able interface.)
- Better Auto-complete. (Completion of statements such as If, For, etc. Space-key as an auto-complete trigger.)

Agree with yours as well.

Last edited:

Troberg

Licensed User
Longtime User
- Cross-Platform IDE. (Win, Mac, Linux)

I don't care much about that. Sure, Linux would be useful for me, but Erel is only one guy, and I very much prefer him spending his time improving the language. I care more about WHAT I can build than WHERE I can build it, even if they means that I have to get nauseous from using Windows.

- Visual Studio like UI. (Solution Explorer on left, Log Explorer on bottom. Dock-able interface.)

Dockable interface would be nice. MDI would have been even better. I really like having several code windows visible at once, especially since I use a 4K-screen (if you are getting a new screen, I really, really recommend a 4K-screen, once you've tried it, you'll never go back).

I've brought this up before but will "bump" it here since it's related to the IDE.

It would be nice to be able to drop/open a text file and edit it in the IDE. I tend to have limited screen space and currently have to flip between a text editor (for documentation, notes, etc.) and the IDE. It would be nice if it could all be done in one place.

I like the VB6 'Add related file'. It adds a file to the project, but doesn't do much more with it. It's in the project files list, and you can click it to open it with the associated program, and that's all. I use it a lot for such things as configuration files, todo lists, help texts and so on.