iOS Question IDFA dialog is not shown

quimacama

Licensed User
Longtime User
I am trying to update an application that has not been updated since 2021. At that time, AppTrackingTransparency was not yet mandatory. I've been wrestling with this for several days.
I use the latest version 8.30 with the Host Mac Builder.
I have implemented the calls as indicated in this post, but the message still does not appear on the screen. However, in the log it indicates
B4X:
IDFA Status: 2
after
B4X:
Wait For GAD_TrackingAuthorization (Status As Int)

I thought that it might not appear because my mobile was already configured not to show personalized ads so I sent the app for review and it was rejected.
In my apps I do NOT show personalized ads so I thought I could not request the tracking permission but Apple has rejected me again because I do use the device ID and I must implement AppTrackingTransparency mandatorily.
I don't know what else to do, why doesn't it work?

quimacama

Licensed User
Longtime User
2 = not allowed to track. It will happen for example after the user rejected the request once.

A simple B4XPages project is attached. Test it with different package names.
Thanks Erel for the example, but the result is the same. On my old iPad with iOS 12 when clicking the button the Status is 3, and on my new iPhone with iOS 16 the Status is 2. On neither device does the dialog appear. I have tried 2 different packages, both registered in Admob and Firebase with active ads for years. I need Apple to update my applications or they will be canceled in a few months. Any ideas?

This is the message of Apple

Guideline 2.1 - Information Needed

We're looking forward to completing our review, but we need more information to continue. Your app uses the AppTrackingTransparency framework, but we are unable to locate the App Tracking Transparency permission request when reviewed on iOS 16.5.1.

Next Steps

Please explain where we can find the App Tracking Transparency permission request in your app. The request should appear before any data is collected that could be used to track the user.

Upvote 0

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
On my old iPad with iOS 12 when clicking the button the Status is 3
This is expected. It is only requested on iOS 14+.

and on my new iPhone with iOS 16 the Status is 2
Maybe there is some configuration on your device that automatically rejects this request. Try to test it on a different device.

Upvote 0