Android Question IME SetCustomFilter does not accept / as an allowable character

Discussion in 'Android Questions' started by Gerrard, Mar 31, 2015.

1. Gerrard

Gerrard Member Licensed User

I have an app that needs the numbers 0 to 9 as well as the slash /. I have tried IME SetCustomFIlter but it does not activate the / on the numeric keyboard.
    Code:
    IME.SetCustomFilter(edtText, edtText.INPUT_TYPE_NUMBERS, "0123456789/")
    I tried a "0123456789." and it activated the dot, but not the slash /.
    What can I do?

2. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

There is no slash button in the numeric keypad. You can switch to INPUT_TYPE_TEXT.

3. Gerrard

Gerrard Member Licensed User

Erel, I'm missing something here. Both my Samsung tablet and my Samsung phone show the / character as part of the numeric keyboard after pressing the 123 key to get the numeric keyboard.
    Yes, the INPUT_TYPE_TEXT does work. I tried it, but I don't want to use it because I wanted the numeric keyboard to come up, and did not want to have to press the 123 key to get the numeric keyboard.

4. Erel

Erel Administrator Staff Member Licensed User

On the device I tested it there was no / button. Eventually it is up to the keyboard app to correctly manage the filter. There is not much that you can do about it.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice