Android Question Implementing Huawei HMS, app asks for HMS Core installation even though installed

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
Doing my first app with the HMS included according to instructions in thread; hms-huawei-sdk.124034
Every time I try to access the store either getting store producs information or getting owned products it says:
This service requires the latest version of the following app: HMS Core
When I press Install it goes to Google Play and says Huawei Mobile Services is installed, however it also says Beta programme is full.
If I go into AppGallery it also says HMS Core is installed and its the latest version, and App info says Huawei Mobile Services (HMS Core) is downloaded from AppGallery.

Why do the app not recognize that HMS Core is installed.

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
I don't recommend you to use it with non-Huawei devices. It will add all kinds of issues.
That makes it difficult to test and get the replies from and responses to .MakePurchase and .ObtainOwnedPurchases right before uploading the app to the Huawei store.

But its definately true, now I'm getting
"There was a problem while parsing the package"
when installing with the B4A bridge after adding the HMS Manifest lines and AdditionalJars to an app that was installing fine before I updated the phone with the HMS from the store.

Even though I have several other apps on the store, they are either free or paid so I can use the normal Andeoid apps straight up.
Wanted to do a couple of subscription apps though and without the HMS it's going to be difficult.

Last edited:
Upvote 0