Wish Import Java libraries 'directly' instead of 'making wrappers' to use them

amorosik

Expert
Licensed User
There are development environments that allow you to import function libraries in java and use them immediately
Without any intermediate code, see for example Jabaco
Creating a similar system also for B4X environments would guarantee users the possibility of using the infinite number of Java libraries available
With great advantages both in terms of completeness of the functions that can be used for the single library and performance because there is no 'the middle wrapper code needs to be executed
I don't know what is the technical reason why in B4X environments it is necessary to create a wrapper to use an external Java library
I am sure that the direct import would ensure an acceleration in the development process that is difficult to obtain with other systems

Pendrush

Licensed User
Longtime User
More on less Java is history on Android as many new libraries, with view(s), are written in Kotlin Compose, older one will be rewritten soon. A lot more will come to the end of this year.
I cannot even see any options how to write a wrapper of library writen in Compose for B4A.

tchart

Licensed User
Longtime User
There are development environments that allow you to import function libraries in java and use them immediately
Without any intermediate code, see for example Jabaco
Creating a similar system also for B4X environments would guarantee users the possibility of using the infinite number of Java libraries available
With great advantages both in terms of completeness of the functions that can be used for the single library and performance because there is no 'the middle wrapper code needs to be executed
I don't know what is the technical reason why in B4X environments it is necessary to create a wrapper to use an external Java library
I am sure that the direct import would ensure an acceleration in the development process that is difficult to obtain with other systems
There are many examples of calling Java libraries directly through JavaObject and inline Java. The reason for wrapping them is that it makes it easier to use.

So technically there is no reason you can’t use a library directly without a wrapper, it’s just much harder to do so.

Last edited: