iOS Question Incompatable Windows Version

ArtFarrell

Licensed User
Longtime User
I receive the following message when attempting to compile my first project

This version of %1 is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher

ArtFarrell

Licensed User
Longtime User
Can you post the full message from the compilation window?

Parsing code. 0.06
Compiling code. 0.17
Compiling layouts code. 0.06
Compiling debugger engine code. Error
This version of %1 is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher

Upvote 0

ArtFarrell

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is my first attempt in making use of B4i! Have never used B4A.

Used the following download, jdk-8u40-macosx-x65-2.dmg, to create Java file(s.)

Upvote 0

ArtFarrell

Licensed User
Longtime User
Which version of Java are you using? Are you also developing with B4A? Did you encounter a similar error with B4A?
I just installed the Windows' version of Java on the Parallels version of Windows running on my Mac. Same exact message occurs as before. "This version of %1 is not compatible with the version of Windows you're running. Check your computer's system information and then contact the software publisher."

What does %1 represent???

Upvote 0

ArtFarrell

Licensed User
Longtime User
I never seen this error message before. Based on the step it happened it is probably related to Java.

Please go to Windows command line and run java -version. Does it work?
Screen Shot 2015-03-18 at 07.39.57 AM.png

Upvote 0

ArtFarrell

Licensed User
Longtime User
Believe I've made some progress! Re-installed Java (got the version right this time!) Here's the results of trying to comply:

Parsing code. 0.03
Compiling code. 0.14
Compiling layouts code. 0.03
Compiling debugger engine code. 0.92
Building Xcode project 0.08
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
mobileprovision file not found.

Art

Upvote 0

ArtFarrell

Licensed User
Longtime User
In my reading of the beginner's guide its raised the following question in my mind regarding "a local Mac machine on WiFi!"

I run Windows 8.1 on my Mac using a program called "Parallels." Will this work?

If you're not familiar with Parallels, I can move from one to the other with no effort, as Windows 8.1 runs in a separate window concurrently with the Mac's OS. Consequently, I can install windows program that run Parallels Windows 8.1, as if it were a PC.

Upvote 0

Brian Robinson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, you can do this in Parallels. I use it, but i am running Windows 7 on parallels.

Should really be no difference... Just have to follow the tutorials linked in Erel's post.

By the look of your last post you are almost there. Just need to get you provision and .cer files working.

Cheers
Brian

Upvote 0

ArtFarrell

Licensed User
Longtime User
Yes, you can do this in Parallels. I use it, but i am running Windows 7 on parallels.

Should really be no difference... Just have to follow the tutorials linked in Erel's post.

By the look of your last post you are almost there. Just need to get you provision and .cer files working.

Cheers
Brian

Brian,thanks for the comfortable words, however, I keep running to roadblock. When I enter the Server URL, the B4i program can't reach it!

On pg 10, Getting Started, Beginner's Guide it states: "..if it is not the correct IP address ... you need to explicitly set the correct address:

The instruction are:

- Open the key folder and delete all files
- Edit key.txt and change it to: FOLLOWED BY NOTHINGNESS!!!!

Upvote 0

Brian Robinson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi ArtFarrell,

So, the instructions you are following are for hosting the Builder locally.

To be honest, I have many years of experience in computer systems, network installations and programming, but in the same instance value my time, and when I found out that to use the Hosted Build environment only cost the equivalent of 6 coffees here, and only involved checking a checkbox, I went down that path. I strongly recommend doing the same if this way is causing you grief. I also understand that it is still a cost, and added to the other items already paid for (B4i and Apple dev Licence and Osx machine and parallels and device to test) it does get expensive.

If you do decide to keep trying the local build option I can try and help, but I have no experience in it, so others will be better qualified.

Cheers
Brian

Upvote 0

ArtFarrell

Licensed User
Longtime User
I agree! I came to that conclusion before I wrote you, but I thought, just perhaps, there was something I've overlook. Like yourself I've been at this many, many years - since grad school in 1965!!! And I'm no youngster. I've celebrate my 39th birthday some 42 times.

Thanks again, Art

Upvote 0

Brian Robinson

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good to see you are still at it mate.

If you have any troubles using the hosted builder them let me know. I have experience with that.

Cheers
Brian

Upvote 0

ArtFarrell

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is my recent attempt - I've created a certificate, a provisional, conferred the paths, entered a password in "Private Sign Key," and the following is the results!!

And what you see, is what I got! The last line appears? to be missing the first part of he message!!!

Parsing code. 0.00
Compiling code. 0.03
Compiling layouts code. 0.00
Compiling debugger engine code. 0.87
Building Xcode project 0.02
Sending data to remote compiler. Error
cer file not found.

Upvote 0

Brian Robinson

Licensed User
Longtime User
I would assume that either the .cer file is not in the Keys directory, or there is still something wrong with the .cer file. (Remember you need to create a Security Certificate within the Apple Developer Site). That file ends with .cer and is what the build script is referring to.

I don't have any access to my machine until later tonight to be able to replicate this error (hopefully the errors for the situations are different).

If it hasn't been solved by then, I will have a look.

Cheers
Brian

Last edited:
Upvote 0