iOS Question initializing button affects multiline setting

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
If I initialize a button the customlabel.multiline command has no effect.

SettingsButton.Initialize("SettingsButton", SettingsButton.STYLE_SYSTEM)
SettingsButton.CustomLabel.Multiline = True

I have:
created the button on the page with designer
dim'd the button under process_globals of the page: Dim SettingsButton As Button
Initalized and loaded the layout for the page.

If I don't initialize the button separately, sometimes the loading of the page fails with an error saying the button is not initalized. And sometimes the page loads with multiline working.

stevel05

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
There is something else wrong with the code, you shouldn't initialize a view in code that is created with the designer. If you can't find it, post the code and someone will take a look.

Upvote 0

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
I had a look around on the navigation samples posted, and I have followed the and command steps shown in amongst other example ThreePages. I did however notice that in example ThreePages there is no actual view being shown by the Main page. Where the above problem happens I use the Main page as a login page, which then kicks off my page FirstPage where I get this error. The app can be set to autologin on the Main page, so the first screen the user see in that case is the FirstPage wich collapses in an uninitialized error.

Is it a problem that the Main page displays a page,
or should it just be used as the NavControl mother of all pages but not display any itself.

Upvote 0