Wish Integrated B4JPackager11 - setting 'properties' of exe file produced

rboeck

Licensed User
Longtime User
I made a look inside the installation place of b4j, here you can find B4JPackager11.jar. Inside this jar file you can find the file InstallerScript.iss.
The only drawback: when a new version of b4j is released, your changes are gone.

bdunkleysmith

Licensed User
Longtime User
Sorry if I have misinterpreted the desires and problems, but I use the method covered in Tips and special cases #11 in post https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/t...-way-to-distribute-standalone-ui-apps.117880/

This allows you to have a InstallerScript.iss in the project file in which the various attributes can be set/edited and used when creating the .exe without fear of it being overwritten.

11. Steps to automatically build the setup file with Inno Script:
  • Move the generated InstallerScript-template.iss file to the project folder and rename it to InstallerScript.iss.
  • Edit the script, change the app name, publisher and other fields as needed. You also need to update two paths as explained in post #3.
  • Put the icon file in the project folder.
  • Add this attributes:
    B4X:
    #PackagerProperty: IconFile = ..\turtle.ico
    #CustomBuildAction: After Packager, C:\Program Files (x86)\Inno Setup 6\Compil32.exe, /cc ../InstallerScript.iss

• Output after choosing Project - Build standalone package:

explorer_ZR0Ey83790.png
  • Note that the AppId field shouldn't be changed after you distribute your app.

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've look at the link a couple of times before, thank you for pointing that out to me @bdunkleysmith. I have absolutely no idea how on earth I missed step 11 @Erel, nice work as usual . It's actually extremely annoying to know that I've dam well read Erels post a couple of times (at least) but somehow missed something so dam simple that is right there staring at me in the face. Right I'm outta here, catcha later...

Peter Simpson

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
#CustomBuildAction: After Packager, C:\Program Files (x86)\Inno Setup 6\Compil32.exe, /cc ../InstallerScript.iss

Can also be
B4X:
#CustomBuildAction: After Packager, C:\Users\<USER>\AppData\Local\Programs\Inno Setup 6\Compil32.exe, /cc ../InstallerScript.iss
And yes, I no longer use B4JPacker11 after finally getting it. Man, I can be really slow at times, but I always get there lol šŸ˜„

I've added individual icons and seperate .iss files to each B4J project that needs a setup file. Oddly enough though, I've noticed that the final setup file is now about 20MB smaller than the B4JPacker11 final setup file, but it still works perfect.

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I've added individual icons and seperate .iss files to each B4J project that needs a setup file. Oddly enough though, I've noticed that the final setup file is now about 20MB smaller than the B4JPacker11 final setup file, but it still works perfect.
Maybe you have previously included the javafx.web module. It can save 20mb if not needed.