Share My Creation Invaders!

May I present my space invaders style game written using B4A and LibGDX.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=uk.co.coffeeinducedgames.invaders

2014-04-23 10.38.38.png 2014-04-23 10.38.29.png

Please give me some feedback and ideas for improvements or bugfixes.

It should run very smooth on most devices but I'm interested to hear if anyone has any device where it runs slowly at all.

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Cheers, I did try that, but then I got a cannot find bmfont_new5... I'll give it a go and see, many thanks

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but i change the code to use the old bmfont and not the new
so did you changed anything ?

it worked for me and i could run it without any errors. dont change anything and try to run it

Reactions: eps

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks and after I updated the libGDX it seems to be working now, but how can I remove the admob because it needs some complex configuration and also I don't want it in the App.
(Lines that I should remove)
thanks in advance

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Beja, just download the code from ilan or search for admob in the source code you have

eps

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
but i change the code to use the old bmfont and not the new
so did you changed anything ?

it worked for me and i could run it without any errors. dont change anything and try to run it

maybe I had changed something inadvertently... hmm.. Anyway, the code you supply does run - although I did have an error once I'd played through to the end of the first wave of aliens, but this should be enough to get me going.. :)

Beja

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi eps and thanks for the info,
I want to use the original code without changes of the fonts or others..
Regarding your suggestion, searching for admob in the code returned zero hits. I see adview1 though..

ilan

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi eps and thanks for the info,
I want to use the original code without changes of the fonts or others..
Regarding your suggestion, searching for admob in the code returned zero hits. I see adview1 though..

i havenot changed much, the new font wont work because its missing use my code i have posted and its like the original only i disabled admob and used the old font but its also green, try it out maybe its what you need (you will need to change anyway some stuff because you cannot publish something its the same like andymc has done)

Good Luck !

Last edited:

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Good luck, I hope it helps you get going with some games. My code is by no means the best way to do it, but it works well enough. I'm writing a top down space shooter right now, I've got planets showing, aliens following the player in 360 degress and twin on screen sticks for flying the ship and shooting in any direction, oh and parallax stars in the background. It looks really good and plays smooht but has alot more work to do, I'm putting in a star map next to allow players to warp to different places. IT's a top down version of an old games called "code name mat" if anyone here remembers that.

mlc

Licensed User
Longtime User
5 stars on google play.
I returned to youth

I believe remember I was shooting with the right hand.
It would be interesting to be able to change the controls side to side.

Reactions: eps

andymc

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi MLC,
having a setting to switch the controls is a good idea. I've also had it suggested to add an autofire feature too. These are both easier for me now, as I've been working on creating custom types for specifying controls and buttons, so I can buitld menu's and on screen controls easier that can be moved and scaled to better suit different screen sizes. Then when the game checks for user control input, it simply checks the values of the control object rather than hard coding the values like invaders does now.

bluejay

Licensed User
Longtime User
Nice implementation of Space Invaders - liked it.

The following line seems to be missing in ver 1.13
B4X:
    'reset bases
    If img_bases.IsInitialized Then img_bases.dispose

bmfont_new_4 and bmfont_new_5 were also missing but I copied them from ver 1.12 on GooglePlay.
When tested on a Galaxy S4 - the Earth globe has wrong aspect ratio.

Thanks for posting source - great contribution to the forum.