iOS Question iOS 13.2 dark mode

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
Has anyone else noticed odd stuff after updating to iOS 13.2?

My test phone got the update today, and I notice that it no longer appears to be respecting the Plist Extra that I included for light mode.

For instance, in a CLV, when I tap on an item, the whole panel is turning black, and as a result is illegible.

I have the PList extra included, and all behaved fine on 13.1. I'm curious if anyone else has seen a change in behaviour after the 13.2 update

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
After the incredibly torturous (who comes up with their shitty UX?) process of reverting to iOS 13.1.3 the app behaves again. So it looks very much as if this is a bug in 13.2.

Apple really need to get a grip on their software development.

Upvote 0

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
It's very peculiar; I've had one of my users report no problems on his device with 13.2 either, though it's a more modern one than the iPhone 7 I'm stuck with here. I'll try updating it again, now that I've figured out how to revert, and see if it still happens.

Upvote 0

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, updated the iPhone 7 to 13.2, and yes, the problem's back. So, not only is there weirdness in iOS, it clearly doesn't behave the same across phone models, which is going to make testing almost as much of a pain as on Android.

The icon has a transparent background; in 13.1.3 the background of the CLV is correctly set to white. In 13.2, on the iPhone 7, it's not.
IMG_0001.PNG IMG_0003.PNG IMG_0004.PNG IMG_0010.PNG

Upvote 0

Semen Matusovskiy

Licensed User
Guess, a CLV is a child of Page.RootPanel. If Page.RootPanel is a transparent, #PlistExtra : <key>UIUserInterfaceStyle</key><string>Light</string> will be useless.
If Dark mode is turned on in iPhone Settings, RootPanel will be black and CLV will also have black background..

Upvote 0

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
Dark mode isn't turned on, and the automatic setting is set to off as well. Plus, it worked ok in 13.1.3 but not in 13.2 (though does work in 13.2 on some devices).

Annoyingly, I can't try this in the simulator, because the only options I have for that are iOS 13.0; I've tried selecting the option to download more simulator runtimes, but there's nothing newer available.

I shall see if I can make a small project that exhibits the same behaviour.

Upvote 0

Alberto Iglesias

Licensed User
Longtime User
I got the same behaviour but in iOS 13.0, its like iOS is not respecting Plist!

And in my case is more strange! some times, not making any change, the CLV is getting black, sometimes entire clv, sometimes part of them! take a look on the screenshot! part of lines are black, part is ok, and then when stop the app and start again, sometimes works fine

Attachments

• FB0AE757-E127-4C31-8072-509FC92909B9.png
    FB0AE757-E127-4C31-8072-509FC92909B9.png
    189 KB · Views: 227
Upvote 0

nwhitfield

Licensed User
Longtime User
Well, in the case of the logos, I was adding those to a panel , which was then added to the CLV, and that panel was created programmatically; I didn't explicitly set its background color, as the page background was set to white anyway. I've just tweaked the code to explicitly do so.

However, before installing a new test version, I also updated the phone that was exhibiting this behaviour to 13.2.2 - and the problem's gone away with that update.

Still, I shall make sure I do check all the background colors carefully, just in case this happens again.

Upvote 0

Alberto Iglesias

Licensed User
Longtime User
is not a question of change or not on RootPanel, the question is why plistextra with Light mode is not respecting... All of us have this problem, need to know why

@Semen Matusovskiy just for you know, even with
B4X:
pageMain.RootPanel.Color = Colors.White

and
B4X:
#PlistExtra: <key>UIUserInterfaceStyle</key><string>Light</string>

this is the drawer component and even with this code and plistextra, SOMETIMES works, SOMETIMES not works!

ANYONE, ANY IDEAS?

B4X:
pageMain.RootPanel.Color = Colors.White
Drawer.CenterPanel.Color = Colors.White
Drawer.LeftPanel.Color = Colors.White
Drawer.DrawerObject.Color = Colors.White

customlistview1.DefaultTextColor = xui.Color_White
customlistview1.DefaultTextBackgroundColor = xui.Color_White

and the most strange thing is: how is possible just one list works ok and others not? and if close the app, open again works fine, and then not :-(

1582153247887.png
1582153471508.png

@Erel any documentation for dark mode available?

Builder Info:
Build server version: 6.01
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
2020-02-19 04:46:56.469:INFO::main: Logging initialized @405ms to org.eclipse.jetty.util.log.StdErrLog
Loading default configuration file.
AppPath=/Users/iglesias/Development/B4i-MacServer
Mac version: 10.14.4
Xcode path: /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer
Xcode version: 11.1

Upvote 0

Brandsum

Licensed User
I faced this too. I had to set the background color of the last item(panel) to white after adding it to clv.

Upvote 0

Alberto Iglesias

Licensed User
Longtime User
@Brandsum yes you right, my previous code was:

B4X:
    pCLV.Add(p,ID)
    p.LoadLayout("layMenuItem")
    p.Color = Colors.Transparent

and now

B4X:
    pCLV.Add(p,ID)
    p.LoadLayout("layMenuItem")
    p.Color = Colors.White

So, have some problem related with Colors.Transparent EVEN with DARK MODE set to OFF! (light mode on iOS)

Can be something with #PlistExtra: <key>UIUserInterfaceStyle</key><string>Light</string>

The strange thing is not all panel is going wrong, exactly like the image above

Upvote 0