iOS Question iOS screens how-to

App Dude

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,
I'm a very intermittent app developer, and more intermittent with iOS.
I've been messing with porting an app to iOS forever and I'm back at it again. (Android side works). Where do I find a proper tutorial on how to setup iOS screens?

Specifically, I want to do this...

1693868057426.png

The screen(s) in the app need to scroll vertically, but fit the max phone-screen width and not scroll.
For these screens, I'm using a scrollview that fits most of the screen and there's a panel on that scrollview with all widgets on the panel.
I have the first screen working, but when I go to the second screen, the virtual screen is much wider than the phone screen and letting me scroll left and right.

I have pretty much the same setup for both screens in the designer, but also modifying the screens in code, like this...

svScn2.Top = 0dip
svScn2.Left = 0dip
svScn2.Width = 100%x
svScn2.Height = 100%y-70dip
svScn2.ScrollViewContentWidth = 100%x
svScn2.ScrollViewContentHeight = 1000
svScn2.ScrollViewInnerPanel.LoadLayout("Screen2Panel")

Panel1.Left = 0dip
Panel1.Width = 100%x
Panel1.Top = 0dip
Panel1.Height = 1200dip
Panel1.Color = Colors.Black

I feel that I'm not understanding clearly how iOS sets up it's screens and need to learn this properly. Where would I find a tutorial that explains this?

Thanks.

Last edited:

Erel

B4X founder
Staff member
Licensed User
Longtime User
I have pretty much the same setup for both screens in the designer, but also modifying the screens in code, like this...
Most of this code isn't needed. Better to do it with anchors.

The more you do with the designer the better. This is especially true in B4J and B4i as the screen size can change multiple times.

Start with the B4J/B4i resize video tutorial: https://www.b4x.com/etp.html

Upvote 0