iOS Question Ios14 tracking permission

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
Since ios14. Apple now require my app to request permission from the user to allow my app to record tracking using gps locations.

How do I add this to my App?

Thanks in advance

cooperlegend

Licensed User
Longtime User
Thanks Erel

So I needed to flag the App as "Used for tracking purposes" in App Privacy, the App is a Rally Car Tracking App for timing and results.

From OS14 App now require use permission. So I added the following code to my B4i version

#AdditionalLib: AppTrackingTransparency.framework
#PlistExtra: <key>NSUserTrackingUsageDescription</key>
#PListExtra: <string>Location tracking is used to determine a competitor's vehicle location during a rally event.</string>

Apple say they don't need a new binary, but I am lost as to what I need to do, help please :)

Metadata Rejected :-

Guideline 2.1 - Information Needed

We're looking forward to completing the review of your app, but we need more information to continue. Specifically, we noticed that your app uses the AppTrackingTransparency framework, but we haven't been able to locate the App Tracking Transparency permission request.

Next Steps

Please indicate where in your app we can find the AppTrackingTransparency permission request. The request should appear before any data is collected that could be used to track the user.

Apps that track user's activity must implement App Tracking Transparency and request permission before collecting data used to track.

Resources

See Frequently Asked Questions about the new requirements for apps that track users.

Since your App Store Connect status is Metadata Rejected, we do NOT require a new binary. To revise the metadata, visit App Store Connect to select your app and revise the desired metadata values. Once you’ve completed all changes, reply to this message in Resolution Center and we will continue the review.

------------------------

Upvote 0