iOS Question iOS16: Make navigation bar non-transparent

jo1234

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hi,

my app has a panel with text fields that covers the whole screen.
When the keyboard opens to fill the text fields at the bottom (KeyboardStateChanged) I move the panel up (.top to negative values) so that the text field is not covered by the keyboard.

In iOS16 I have now with B4i 8.10 the problem that the navigation bar is transparent and the panel slides under it, making it hard to read.
I tried
NavControl.As(NativeObject).GetField("view").As(B4XView).Color = xui.Color_White:
as described in https://www.b4x.com/android/forum/threads/xcode-13.135099/.
However, that did not help. I changed the background color of the navigation bar to red, but when the panel slides up, it goes under the navigation bar text but above the red navigation bar background.

1666766975052.png

How can I set the navigation bar to non-transparent?

thanks a lot,
Johannes

Last edited:

jo1234

Licensed User
Longtime User
This is not the default appearance. Create a new project and run it. Does it look like this?
I originally wrote that iOS does the shift of the panel up (panel.top to negative values) automatically when using the textfield at the bottom but in fact it is in my code (KeyboardStateChanged). I edited the first post accordingly.
But the issue remains: When I set panel.top to negative values it goes under the transparent navigation bar and I get a nasty overlay.
How can I set the navigation bar to non-transparent, so that I do not see the panel underneath (as it was in earlier iOS versions)?

Thanks a lot,
Johannes

Last edited:
Upvote 0