Android Question IR Control - USB / UIRT - (need JAR to B4A library)

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Hello:

I use this hardware http://www.usbuirt.com/ in my Windows program to control devices in my house.

Want to start doing using my Android tablet and asked them if they would help.
He has provided me with a Jar file (com.usbuirt.api.jar) could someone help me convert this file to a B4A library so that I can start controlling devices.

Here is an example APK he also provided
NOTE: if you don't have the hardware box this is not going to do anything for you

Thanks

BobVal

Attachments

• com.usbuirt.api.jar
    48 KB · Views: 284
  • UsbUirtExampleApp.apk
    347.6 KB · Views: 297
  • MainActivity.txt
    12.9 KB · Views: 281
Last edited:

Latency

Hello:

I use this hardware http://www.usbuirt.com/ in my Windows program to control devices in my house.

Want to start doing using my Android tablet and asked them if they would help.
He has provided me with a Jar file (com.usbuirt.api.jar) could someone help me convert this file to a B4A library so that I can start controlling devices.

Here is an example APK he also provided
NOTE: if you don't have the hardware box this is not going to do anything for you

Thanks

BobVal
Did you ever get usb-uirt working on android?

Upvote 0

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
No. At that time none of my devices usb ports supported the ability. By time I got a device with a usb port that would work with it I have a new amp that I could control using wifi.

There were other problems also. All my samsung devices can use the usb for something or use it for charging. But not both. So that meant I would be controlling or charging but could not do both

Upvote 0

Robert Valentino

Licensed User
Longtime User
Originally something I wanted to do. But when I realized that OTG adapter does not allow charging while using a device on the usb (it is either charging or using a device couldn't do both - or at least at that time that was so)

What I would like would be a way to send RF codes (they can travel room to room) rather then IR and at the receiving source convert them. I still a OLD ProntoPro TSU-6000 because of this feature. I can be in another room and change the volume. We have 1 cable fee/box in the house with a 4x4 matrix that allows selecting any source (Roku, cable, movie server, ...) to any TV.
But if I had to get off my lazy a.. and out of bed to change something that wouldn't make me happy:)

Good luck in your venture

Upvote 0