Android Question Is B4a and B4i the right choice ?

DaveOB

Licensed User
Hi all. newbie here.
Just came across B4 and wondering if there is a 'short' answer to this.

We want to make a mobile app for both Android and iOS for staff to use when out the office.

It needs to sync with an online mySQL db ( or retreive a txt file, or read data from a php page output ) and save the data to the mobile device in a SQLite db.

The user can then use the app while offline.

When back online, the user can Click on Sync and any data that changed in the db is uploaded to the web site, either with sql cmds, or posting the data to a online php script, etc

Ideal solution would have the code for the Android version usaging for making the iOS version, so changes are minimised.

Would there be any sample B4a apps like this where I can look at the source code to see how they work.

What would be a reasonable price to pay to have this 'proof of concept' app created, and how many hours do you think it should take to code ? The basic spec of the test project is below.

Is B4a and B4i the right thing to use for this type of app ?

Thank You in advance for any advice.

Hi
This is a test project to prove to a client that our idea is possible.
B4a app for display of concept.
Mobile app for offline data entry, then sync with online mySQL db.
Coder needs to create a test SQlite db. 3 tables. Mobile app for smartphone and tablet use. 3 screens.
screen 1. user name, surname, address of mySQL db ( menu > settings ) - save in to table 1
screen 2. main ( menu ) screen with 3 buttons ( Data, Sync, Exit )
screen 3. Menu > Data screen. 1 text box to enter text. 1 text box to enter a number ( 4 digits - no chrs allowed ). On 'Save' then save data from 2 boxes to table 2, as well as the date and time of the Save.
On screen 2 ( menu ) , press 'sync' to :
1. upload the data from table 1 to the online mySQL db, and also any NEW data in table 2. ( so upload contains name, surname, data value 1, data value 2 )
After upload and verify, flag all data as uploaded.
2. retrieve data from different table in online mySQL and save it to table 3 ( 4 fields ).