Wish Online tool to convert curl request to B4X code

Sandman

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
This is a low priority wish that also could be implemented by a forum member looking for a fun challenge.

Now and then we get questions on how to convert a curl request to B4X. (Example thread)

Recently I found an official tool by the curl team: h2c. It helps convert a set of headers to a curl request (headers to curl --> h2c). It can be found here: https://curl.haxx.se/h2c/

The obvious idea, and wish, is for somebody to make a c2b4x tool to help convert a curl request and get b4x code back. In many ways this is identical to the nice (but somewhat strangely named :) ) JSON Tree Example tool that has helped a lot of members.

aeric

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think curl returns different types of response such as html, xml and json format or maybe object like image. So I am not sure how a tool can be build for it. You mean build something like Postman?

OliverA

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I think curl returns different types of response
This wish (unless I misunderstood) is not for handling the response, but to build the request. So take a CURL request and transform it to an equivalent HttpJob request (be it GET/POST/etc)