Is B4X a good place for DJI Drone App Development - support?

Arto

Licensed User
Sorry for the newbie qts.
Im trying to learn to program DJI drones. Im not a programmer but I know enough to be dangerous. Im at my wits end trying to follow DJI developer demos for Android Studio from github, as it appears code is out of date, versions dont match, gradles dont compile, etc. So Ive come upon B4A (and family) as potential android and iOS development environments for DJI drone programming. Between the Experts here, there are some UIs and code that have taken flight. However, I see that DJI-based threads are almost a year old now. Before I plunk down $$$, and finish up the B4J and B4A video tutorials, would folks in the know recommend B4A, B4i for DJI Drone Programming on Android or iOS, or should I try something else? Thank you for your guidance. Arto Dec 27, 2018

Cableguy

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Between the Experts here, there are some UIs and code that have taken flight. However, I see that DJI-based threads are almost a year old now.

Although as I understand, DJI drones are on the high-end, semi professional class, for most of us, they are just a toy.
Like 3D printing, there are a few users that have them, but not many post about them.
Still, code wise, and with the great help of our community, any issues you come across we will be more than glad to help.
You even get to have @Erel as an active enthusiast of DJI drones!

Arto

Licensed User
Although as I understand, DJI drones are on the high-end, semi professional class, for most of us, they are just a toy.
Like 3D printing, there are a few users that have them, but not many post about them.
Still, code wise, and with the great help of our community, any issues you come across we will be more than glad to help.
You even get to have @Erel as an active enthusiast of DJI drones!

OK, thanks Cableguy and Erel for the warm community welcome....B4A + DJI libraries here I come.
I will finish up the B4J and B4A tutorials, and start getting in the weeds with Erels DJI code thats already posted in the Community. Have a Happy New Year.
Arto