Android Question Is it possible to install 2010-2011 .apk files in recent phones?

Tori-

My first phone was an HTC Droid Eris, this phone had a neet little game that was really addicting and fun.
I went searching for it recently because I wanted to play it and and found an apk file that seemed promising. I installed and ran it but it stopped working, it only loads the little intro to the game before it stops.

From my general knowledge, I had a hunch that it wouldn't work to begin with and to be honest, I'm surprised the intro even kicked in. I got a little hope after I saw the intro and I searched up if there was some way to run these old apk files on newer hardwear, but I found nothing regarding that.

Ihe game I wanted to install is Teeter by the way, there's a game in the appstore that's similar but it's just not as nostalgic and sort of buggs out for me.

DonManfred

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
A APK which is build to run on older Android Versions can not be used to install it on Higher Androids if the app is not ready for this targetsdk. A LOT has changed in the SDK since 2011/2011!

Ask the Author to update the App to make it compatible with Higher Android Versions.

Last edited:
Upvote 0