Android Question Is it possible to use B4A and distribute APKs for Huawei app gallery?

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
I assume all one would need to distribute free apps on Huawei is upload the b4a generated .apk
I have a free app in testing and awaiting approval, but a paid one was rejected for not including the huaweidrm library.

One will need to add a .huawei ending to your package name for your paid apps or apps with in-app purchases.
Problem is how to integrate the Huaweid SDK for paid apps:
https://developer.huawei.com/consum...weidrm.html?page=drmsdk_huaweidrm_sdkdownload
This download from Huawei includes a .jar but no suitable .xml so is not picked up by b4a from additional libraries.

Maybe somebody with experience from adding non standard libraries and creating .xml files could help.
Would be good if this library could be included in standard b4a to enable sales to the Chinese market, which is unavailable through Google Play.

Upvote 0

Multiverse app

Licensed User
Longtime User
I assume all one would need to distribute free apps on Huawei is upload the b4a generated .apk

yes, this is true. I too have quite a few apps on the Huawei store. But frankly, I do not think it is worth the time.
Edit- I may be wrong about the worthiness after their latest efforts

Last edited:
Upvote 0

CaptKronos

Licensed User
This thread made me aware of this app store so I thought I would give it a try. However I am stuck at the stage where I submit my apk. However, I keep getting the message "The APK package name must be zedone1.11.apk. Please modify and submit again". zedone1.11 is the name of my app. Any idea what I'm doing wrong?

Upvote 0

vikingivesterled

Licensed User
Longtime User
Is the Hauawei DRM a form of localization of the b4a Licensing library for Google PLay DRM. As I understand that was abandoned since Google have gone on to adding DRM at .apk upload stage just as Amazon does.
Anyway the Huawei DRM packgage don't seem to come with any source code, just the compiled .jar file and language support files,
so using the Simple Library Compiler tool for creating a .xml file don't work.

Upvote 0

MitchBu

Licensed User
Longtime User
Great. Unfortunately for me, my core business is with an app specific to the US market, and given US hostility to Huawei, I doubt I would do good in the AppGallery.

Anecdote: I just created my Huawei ID, and United States is not among the hundreds of available countries.

Last edited:
Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
Huawei and i developed Huawei Services Libs for B4A.

I asked them 2 months ago some info about their in-app sdk they forwarded my mail to a few devs but never got an answer from any of them.

Is it the in-app sdk that you got working? if it exists I wonder why they didn't inform me about it to prevent double work.

Upvote 0

Ferdari

Licensed User
Longtime User
I asked them 2 months ago some info about their in-app sdk they forwarded my mail to a few devs but never got an answer from any of them.

Is it the in-app sdk that you got working? if it exists I wonder why they didn't inform me about it to prevent double work.
if you mean the Huawei Mobile Services (HMS) SDK, yes, they have a tutorial of how to integrate it to B4A, currently for Analytics and Push kit, i dont know who you need to contact, they contacted me from my Facebook

Upvote 0

sorex

Expert
Licensed User
Longtime User
I'll see if I still have the response mail from them and ask them about it.

Upvote 0